LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear a/c vents

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 01:53 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear a/c vents

I bought a 2005 LR3 7 passenger SE last week and can not seem to get the 2nd and 3rd row ceiling vents to push air to the rear passengers. The rear facing vents in the center consoul operate fine. The manualmentioned a button on the left rear quarter panel but I can't seem to locate it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Old 06-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: rear a/c vents

I don't remember reading about a button on the rear quarterpanel. However, check the front A/C control panel on your dash.There is a button at the bottom row next to the "off" button. It has two (2) LED indicators and a small letter "A" ( I have an 06, I hope the 05's are the same). This button controls the rear A/C with 3 options. If the LED next to the "A" is on (top LED), then the rear A/C is set to "Automatic" meaning that the rear temperature will match the settings in the front, rear A/C panelhas no input, however airshould come out ofall rear vents in this setting.

Press once and it changes to the second LED (below the "A"). In this mode, the A/C panel in the rear becomes active and rear passengers can adjust as they wish TO INCLUDETURNING IT OFFfrom the rear. If the rear panel is not set to off in this setting, you should get air from all vents.

Press once again andboth LED's go off and the rear air is turned off completely from the front. Notice that the center vents in the rear will always function regardless of the setting, even if it's turned off.
Hope this helps you out!