LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fault Messages -- Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 09:08 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fault Messages -- Help Please

2012 LR4 HSE
I had my lower control arms replaced by a small private shop. The shop didn't have alignment equipment so they said I will need an alignment to straiten the steering wheel. I'm also getting the following faults: HDC not available - system fault. Stability Control not available. Emergency Brake Assist not available. Air suspension height lowered for safety.

The shop tells me all this will go away once the front end is aligned.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Old 11-06-2017, 07:09 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

Your shop is probably right. If they mis align the steering then the steering angle sensor is telling the computer one thing and the wheel speed sensors / abs is contradicting it. So it throws some codes.

Take it somewhere that knows how to align the LR4. It’s meant to be put into something called tight tolerance mode to align properly and I think that needs the right computer link

Old 08-26-2018, 04:28 PM
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default emergency brake assist and stability control faults

Guys , just joined to share some info as I have had the same faults come up on my 2010 TDV8 sport. I was almost stranded in the S of France this weekend 900 miles from home on a French Motorway. I had tried to get the car repaired on holiday but the french garages were shall we say a little unhelpful. Anyway as the AA could also not help me I thought best to try and get home. Needless to say 25 miles into the journey it started. I hoped a one off but no it got progressively worse and I decided I would have to use my AA European breakdown, I limped into a service station and called it in. Rest of the family went to call of nature whilst I waited the "mechanic" to arrive. Whilst waiting I took time to have a last look for any signs of a problem. ( I should mention the car had a recon engine and two turbos last Dec) I thought maybe a wire block was not fully home. Then I noticed a black line on top of the right intercooler hose. I squeezed the hose and sure enough a split was developing. I thought and hoped this could be my problem. Then "Eric" turned up in his recovery truck, no diagnosticts, no tools, not even a screwdriver, his mission to deprive me of my beloved sport for several weeks saying it was probably injectors or a turbo problem, I showed him the intercooler hose which he dismissed after looking at the coolant bottle and saw it had not dropped!! I realised I had a genius here. Anyway he fumbled in his tooless truck and found a roll of self amalgamating tape, wrapped the hose (poorly) took 200 plus Euros off the AA and left me to chance it as being the problem. Well his poor wrapping failed in about 2 miles. So i pulled over on the hard shoulder of the afore mentioned motorway, removed the hose and re wrapped his tape, properly! Then I over wrapped his tape with several layers of insulation tape and finally about 7 cable ties for reinforcement. Guess what it cure my problem and got me and wife plus 3 girls home to blighty even at 90mph at some times. The moral of this story is, the emergency brake assist fault may indeed have absolutely nothing to do with your brakes, mine was a split intercooler hose! I hope one day this post helps someone else!

Gary UK

The following users liked this post:
Mr phantom (06-21-2022)
Old 06-21-2022, 06:37 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you

This information helped me alot as nothing was wrong with brakes it was a pipe just like yours if it hadn't been for your information I would have been changing all sorts of things I'm up and running fitted the pipes today after having a split
thank you so much 💓

Last edited by Mr phantom; 06-21-2022 at 06:42 PM.