New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 / 2018 Land Rover Discovery 5 price - What did you pay?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 12:09 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by 99FLDISCOII
Thank you for the invitation. I'll be the first to comment.

It's not even a real Land Rover. It's a TATA. If you're like 98% of new Lux cars "owners" (cough cough) on the road today you used an auto loan. So not only did you overpay, you do not own the car. Adding the total payoff amount + opportunity cost + guinea pig repairs; you have/will pay well over $100k.

Congratulations on your purchase.
That’s a lot of butthurt in such a small post. I just purchased one and I used a loan. Big deal. I just paid $52.9k for mine with 6,000miles, all the bells and whistles, and a 100k warranty as a CPO. I did it because the Jeep Grand Cherokee I had ordered from Jeep with the ecodiesel and same options was $2k more. The great thing about earning my own way in life is I get to do whatever I want with my money. Enjoy your Disco II. I’ll enjoy my Disco 5

Old 09-12-2018, 10:33 AM
Mudding
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ToiletDuck

That’s a lot of butthurt in such a small post. I just purchased one and I used a loan. Big deal. I just paid $52.9k for mine with 6,000miles, all the bells and whistles, and a 100k warranty as a CPO. I did it because the Jeep Grand Cherokee I had ordered from Jeep with the ecodiesel and same options was $2k more. The great thing about earning my own way in life is I get to do whatever I want with my money. Enjoy your Disco II. I’ll enjoy my Disco 5
Congrats on the beautiful new Disco 5. That color is growing on me more everyday. Where was yours made?

Make sure I have my definitions straight... You are now an "owner" but when the loan is paid off you then be an owner. Did I get that correct.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:40 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Hayseed_D5
Congrats on the beautiful new Disco 5. That color is growing on me more everyday. Where was yours made?

Make sure I have my definitions straight... You are now an "owner" but when the loan is paid off you then be an owner. Did I get that correct.
I have no idea where it was made. So long as I accept the financial responsibility of it I own it. Just like I own my home but have a mortgage. I’m not leasing. It’s mine to do with as I please.

Old 09-12-2018, 01:34 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ToiletDuck
I have no idea where it was made.
Made in Solihull, UK with 7% US/Canada parts, 68% UK parts, 17% German parts, a UK engine, and US Transmission (according to the sticker).

The following users liked this post:
CJ455 (09-14-2018)
Old 09-27-2018, 06:05 AM
Rock Crawling

Disco 1 and II look and ride better than the Disco V. It's just a fact ..
Yea on the back of a tow truck

Old 09-27-2018, 07:20 AM
Mudding

TATA is an Indian company who manufactures cars in India. If they are manufacturing in the UK or Slovakia I did not know it. TATA is known for making the worlds cheapest new car. The look and quality of the cars is TATA, It's just not the same. Ok so maybe they are not manufactured in India. I concede that if true.
It is true - look it up.

So if there is a parent company that makes cheese under one company in a factory and rat poison in another company at a different location, then both will kill you. Just making sure I have your logic down...

Old 09-27-2018, 07:22 AM
Mudding

Your not earning your way when you run in borrowed money. But that is a typical American attitude to think otherwise. You Americans don't own your house, cars, or other toys and you run in debt. 30-40 year mortgage slave to an overpriced house..independent and successful Americans lol.
What a conceitment you have. Way to judge all "you Americans" together without knowing the facts.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:24 AM
Mudding

I am more handsome than the Hollywood A-listers and should be well sought after by the pretty actresses. It's just a fact...
After all, saying it on the internet does make it true,

Old 09-27-2018, 08:48 AM
Baja
Received 718 Likes on 623 Posts

You are an idiot, it’s just a fact.

Like your statement that the D5 is made in India which you refuse to acknowledge.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:52 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by andries
I have seen some deals out there for 2018s at 10% of MSRP for dealer stock. Unfortunately for us we wanted colors options that weren't available and ended up ordering a 2019, so not much to deal on. Will see what the final price is at delivery (if there are some incentives available), at least got $1500 of MSRP going through a broker. Deals in the SF Bay Area may be hard to come by, unless it is dealer stock.
Mine, which GOD WILLING IS DELIVERED TODAY, was $80,300 MSRP. It’s a 2017 CPO qith 6800miles and 5yr 100k warranty that I picked up for $51,900.00. Has everything I wanted. I know it’s not the same as new new but it’s very close and I consider it a pretty slick deal. I’ve seen others dropping within the last month as well so there are some great 2017s out there. It’s enciuraging for those who like myself won’t go over a set price.

Quick Reply: 2017 / 2018 Land Rover Discovery 5 price - What did you pay?