New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone got their 2021 or 22 Discovery order pushed back?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2022, 04:47 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ammonation
Went to a dealer today and they said the new RR sport is being unveiled next month, not sure he meant March or April won't help Disco orders though.

We came close to buying a used Disco today, was sold by the time we got to the dealer. Sales guy was a cool dude, found one in the color I want a few states away.

22 model year, but doesn't have the original build sheet and thinks adaptive cruise control and 360 camera might not be on it. Man I really want adaptive cruise control. Car was sold first in August of 2021.
Adaptive Cruise should be just a CCF update if it doesn't have it, all facelift models hve the radar installed and the steering controls are now digital.

Old 03-07-2022, 02:27 PM
Mudding
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkyUK
Adaptive Cruise should be just a CCF update if it doesn't have it, all facelift models hve the radar installed and the steering controls are now digital.
Yea, that is what I've seen advertised by a few different 3rd party guys.

But I am thinking worst case scenario. I get in a massive accident, using adaptive cruise. Other car, lady has a broken leg and impaired for life. Where does that put me legally you know?

Old 03-10-2022, 01:36 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ammonation
Finally got an e-mail back from my dealer with a pretty indirect answer on our build status.

Previously build date was 2/25, asked him whats up. Didn't say if build was started, but the 6 cylinder is in shortage, company wide call on 3/9 with status updates.

So yea, would assume it wasn't built lol
Any news on this company wide call?

Old 03-10-2022, 09:47 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by foxie
Any news on this company wide call?
Nothing but crickets from our sales rep we have an order in with.

We almost bought a 22 HSE last week at a different dealer, the sales rep was a really good guy. He had mentioned there was a company wide call on 3/9 as well, so it indeed did happen. Someone bought the car as we were sitting in it for a test drive, scummy looking guy you'd catch playing 4 blackjack hands at 5am in Atlantic City.

We're looking at 2 different Discos used and going to do a wrap on them. Our dealer has never shown us the time of the day, so I don't even know if I'll give them any notice we're cancelling the order. I would be doing them a favor either way, they'll mark it up 8k and sell it to someone with money.

Old 03-11-2022, 04:19 PM
Mudding

I didn't hear anything from dealer on our order.

I did let the another dealer who was trying to find us a used Disco that we are out of the market now for a Disco and thanked him for trying to land us one. (think we locked one up) Anyway he said.....

"Land Rover stopped taking new orders on the Discovery"

I assume everyone that had an order in is safe.

Last edited by ammonation; 03-11-2022 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-22-2022, 05:16 AM
Overlanding
Smile

I've called with my salesman today and he told me my build date was moved to today and it could've been produced already as he could see the VIN. Cannot wait!

Old 03-22-2022, 07:16 AM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've called with my salesman today and he told me my build date was moved to today and it could've been produced already as he could see the VIN. Cannot wait!
what model did you order and when?? I placed an order for a Disco Urban in July and still don’t have a build date

Old 03-22-2022, 12:31 PM
Overlanding
Smile

Originally Posted by craigg83
what model did you order and when?? I placed an order for a Disco Urban in July and still don’t have a build date
Originally around 10th of August 2021 with delivery around December/January, but that one was cancelled as they dropped support/production of some models (that one was really niche and made sense only as maxed out base model in price of base HSE). That was around late September and I had a lot of stuff going and wasn't sure I want it anymore, plus it was more expensive with different options I didn't want at first. However, it got even more expensive since the introduction of MY23, which I guess I'd be forced to respec to anyway even if I signed it in October. I just checked the date and I signed the new order on 4th of February. I was told the slot is already there with or without me so I guess that's why, but they told me it'd be around May/June/July not this early. Not that I'm complaining, on the contrary, I'm really glad it's almost here. But I guess it's different on the American market as they have to ship the cars across the ocean. I live really close to the factory.

Wait, what have you ordered? AFAIK there's only Disco Sport Urban. I asked about it back in October and was told it wouldn't be possible to order it anymore.

Old 03-22-2022, 01:44 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally around 10th of August 2021 with delivery around December/January, but that one was cancelled as they dropped support/production of some models (that one was really niche and made sense only as maxed out base model in price of base HSE). That was around late September and I had a lot of stuff going and wasn't sure I want it anymore, plus it was more expensive with different options I didn't want at first. However, it got even more expensive since the introduction of MY23, which I guess I'd be forced to respec to anyway even if I signed it in October. I just checked the date and I signed the new order on 4th of February. I was told the slot is already there with or without me so I guess that's why, but they told me it'd be around May/June/July not this early. Not that I'm complaining, on the contrary, I'm really glad it's almost here. But I guess it's different on the American market as they have to ship the cars across the ocean. I live really close to the factory.

Wait, what have you ordered? AFAIK there's only Disco Sport Urban. I asked about it back in October and was told it wouldn't be possible to order it anymore.
yeah I ordered the Disco Urban, heard a couple of months back JLR had stopped taking orders but shouldn’t impact mine. It’s a highly annoying situation:.. when I ordered I was told I’d have it in October.. here we are nearly 6 months later. I’m based in Ireland, so no doubt the issues in Europe are not helping matters

Old 03-22-2022, 01:55 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by craigg83
yeah I ordered the Disco Urban, heard a couple of months back JLR had stopped taking orders but shouldn’t impact mine. It’s a highly annoying situation:.. when I ordered I was told I’d have it in October.. here we are nearly 6 months later. I’m based in Ireland, so no doubt the issues in Europe are not helping matters
I think mine got built earlier because of the situation in UA. The factory builds Defenders as well and I think as those russian orders got cancelled, they reallocated slots to other orders. Disco Sport is produced in England I think. BTW checked pricing of Disco metropolitan and it's 138,169€ in Ireland and 89 538 € in slovakia. Literally the same car.

Quick Reply: Anyone got their 2021 or 22 Discovery order pushed back?