New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone got their 2021 or 22 Discovery order pushed back?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2022, 03:42 PM
Mudding
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I gotta get around to cancelling my 23' order before they e-mail me out of the blue and say hey your car is on the way!

Old 03-23-2022, 07:56 PM
Mudding

So I bought a brand new HSE 22' last week out of state, haven't taken it home yet because of registration and car came from the factory with a defective part (still waiting on that to arrive). I had to drop an e-mail to our original dealer to let him know to cancel our slotted Discovery. Build date was supposed to be 2/18, last I heard from him was 3/9 where he said there was 6 cylinder shortage and never heard back.

Dealer said he understands why we're cancelling and it was out of their hands. Fair enough, I don't blame them the communication could have been better. Telling thing was I was expecting a little push back saying the car would arrive in May instead of originally April. Didn't get any of that so the order must be severely delayed.

Or..... The order is still planned for April and they were hoping I would cancel so they can sell it 5-8k above MSRP.

Old 03-24-2022, 05:52 AM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ammonation
Or..... The order is still planned for April and they were hoping I would cancel so they can sell it 5-8k above MSRP.
Definitelly possible. As I mentioned, mine was supposed to be built in May/June and it's been built 2 days ago on 22/03/2022. Should be delivered within 2 weeks, probably next week. Feels really unprofessional from the dealer though. Should've given you a notice it's not coming at least or anything really.

Old 03-26-2022, 06:33 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our discovery order was originally for March production and now delayed to 4/29 with delivery date mid July. Starting to get nervous it may push again. We are expecting a 2nd baby soon so bigger car is much needed

@ammonation when you buy from existing dealership do you have to pay markup ? May also start to check existing inventory

Old 03-26-2022, 09:09 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by figoland
Our discovery order was originally for March production and now delayed to 4/29 with delivery date mid July. Starting to get nervous it may push again. We are expecting a 2nd baby soon so bigger car is much needed

@ammonation when you buy from existing dealership do you have to pay markup ? May also start to check existing inventory
We got lucky, we paid the exact MSPR for the 22 HSE we purchased. We have the window sticker so we know the price. The reason we got lucky, and they don't know it, is the car wasn't listed for sale outside of anywhere but the Land Rover website. No autotrader, cars.com ect.... So they were getting no hits on it.

The car hit the dealer in mid-January I think the price was listed at 85-86k. Not sure we inquired then but it was out of my range when we had a 23 on order at 77k. It was also an out of state purchase they had shot me down on a different Discovery.

I have been scouring autotrader, cars.com ect since November and a few weeks back was checking the Land Rover website for inventory. Now just note, when you use the filter that shows the "newest years first" it for some reason shows older models first so skim down.

They dropped the price to 82k, we inquired, they first said no out of state sales, they called back an hour later and said they'd sell it. We bought it same day. Confirmed all the details (more or less fully loaded minus heads up display). We bought it, should be taking delivery of it this week.

If you check daily I came close the week prior to purchasing an HSE used at 77k. Would have been a great price for the build out, some scumbag bought it while I was test driving it. Took pictures of the car with me sitting in to brag, a real jerkoff. Car had 4k miles on it and was priced about the same as a brand new one with the same options.

If your on the Northeast and willing to pay a little over MSRP used or new call Land Rover West Chester and ask for Ali. Tell him what you want exactly and they will find one from other dealers. The day I almost bough the 77k HSE by the time I got home (2 hours) his manager found one in Missouri, bought it, and gave me first dibs on purchasing it when it came in. Car was not listed on any website even Land Rover. We declined as it doesn't have adaptive cruise control.

Last edited by ammonation; 03-26-2022 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-26-2022, 11:50 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you @ammonation we are in Northern California. We don’t like to pay the markup.

We have a factory order from bmw on X5 45e that’s built in US. Very accurate build timeline and already on production for April pickup. We ordered it as a backup without any deposit. Now we need to seriously consider this option

Old 03-31-2022, 02:39 AM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got news. My salesman called to the factory (several times) and was told yesterday the car is built, but is missing headlights as there was lockdown in China and they don't have matrix headlights on stock 🙈 Should be delivered within next month. It feels like the car won't ever come.

Tested Jag f-type r (maxed out 2014 550hp 27k km for 55k), but I think it's not my cup of tea. I really like the looks of sports car, it sounds amazing, it's comfortable to sit in, it's quick, but you see nothing and the ride is stiff. The 400hp in velar feels completely different than in this one. I'd say you can feel less hp more in a bigger car 😅 Disco is the most comfortable though.

Old 03-31-2022, 12:48 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by foxie
Got news. My salesman called to the factory (several times) and was told yesterday the car is built, but is missing headlights as there was lockdown in China and they don't have matrix headlights on stock 🙈 Should be delivered within next month. It feels like the car won't ever come.

Tested Jag f-type r (maxed out 2014 550hp 27k km for 55k), but I think it's not my cup of tea. I really like the looks of sports car, it sounds amazing, it's comfortable to sit in, it's quick, but you see nothing and the ride is stiff. The 400hp in velar feels completely different than in this one. I'd say you can feel less hp more in a bigger car 😅 Disco is the most comfortable though.
Didn't even know matrix headlights were still being offered on the Disco.... Wasn't an option when we built, it was standard with DRL or Premium with DRL.

Old 03-31-2022, 08:02 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 152 Likes on 123 Posts

Are you thinking about the F Type as well as the Disco? I have both - totally different cars of course. Yes - disco v comfortable for a long distance cruise. But f type is just such an incredible driving experience. And I much prefer the lower, firmer suspension of the f type for cornering

The following users liked this post:
foxie (04-04-2022)
Old 03-31-2022, 10:06 PM
Mudding

Question wasn't geared towards me, but I was pretty impressed with the Disco handling. Reminded me of my parents 2010 X3, granted that is 12 year old tech.

Quick Reply: Anyone got their 2021 or 22 Discovery order pushed back?