New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ease of adding a towing trailer hitch if you didn’t select one from factory?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2021, 03:44 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Ease of adding a towing trailer hitch if you didn’t select one from factory?

I don’t like that little ball hook that folds from the side anyway.

Can I just add a real trailer hitch later? Also, wouldn’t this let people select the off-road pack from the factory (as the factory won’t let you choose the towing pack AND the off road pack) anyway?

The following users liked this post:
RyanLR3 (10-21-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 04:18 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I ordered the kitchen t from LRA and installed it in my driveway in about 4 hours. It's not too difficult just tedious to get the panels back in place.

The following users liked this post:
cru_jones (10-18-2021)
Old 10-20-2021, 08:56 PM
NRB
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cru_jones
I don’t like that little ball hook that folds from the side anyway.

Can I just add a real trailer hitch later? Also, wouldn’t this let people select the off-road pack from the factory (as the factory won’t let you choose the towing pack AND the off road pack) anyway?
I think the ball hook that folds from the side is not available in North America anyway, here we get an actual hitch receiver like we're accustomed to seeing on other vehicles. By the way you can get a tow hitch receiver separately (without advanced tow assist) and still get the advanced off road pack. The limitation in LR's build website prevents ordering the complete towing pack (with advanced tow assist) and also ordering the advanced offroad capability pack. In countries (other than Canada and the US) the LR website allows ordering of advanced tow assist as a stand alone option (on higher spec versions). Other features from the towing pack are already included in the advanced off road pack.

Other have posted about this lack of ability to order both features in the same order and have received responses from LR reps that have provided lame reasoning that really doesn't explain why we don't have the ability to order both. Meanwhile you can order both in practically any other country in the world, you can also order both in a Defender.

I suspect that if the LR reps actually looked into the problem rather than just providing a BS answer they would find the problem is with an oversight in the software used in their ordering system. Hopefully lots of customer feedback or the right rep finding out about the problem will eventually resolve the problem.