Full size spare question - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

New Discovery V Talk about the new 2017 Land Rover Discovery

Old 01-11-2018, 10:23 PM

Default Full size spare question

Hi, I am about to order a 2018 HSE Luxury Diesel but deciding on a few options.
My dealer says the full size spare doesn’t change the inside space but the LR build and price web tool says “Loadspace floor will be raised by approximately 100 mm and maximum loadspace will be reduced”.
Anyone have one or do any comparisons when you bought yours?

I didn’t think to measure it when I was test driving.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:53 PM

This is what I am talking about with the full size spare.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:03 PM

I have a new discovery V and ig is a diesel. The diesel is a very good engine and the only problem I have had in 7000 miles is a message saying the DEF was going to run out in 285 miles. It was a computer soft ware problem but they did refill the DEF. Had another problem with DEF that say dosing was not right, ended being another software error and also cold temps. My biggest problem are the incontrol app, the adaptive cruise control, and the tow assist.

ed redman
The Following User Says Thank You to edred For This Useful Post:
Ned O'Neill (01-13-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edred View Post
I have a new discovery V and ig is a diesel. The diesel is a very good engine and the only problem I have had in 7000 miles is a message saying the DEF was going to run out in 285 miles. It was a computer soft ware problem but they did refill the DEF. Had another problem with DEF that say dosing was not right, ended being another software error and also cold temps. My biggest problem are the incontrol app, the adaptive cruise control, and the tow assist.

ed redman
How often do you put DEF in?
I read some reviews that the touchscreen was very slow but also that firmware updates fixed that. It seemed pretty fast during my test drive. I did not try the phone app.
What are the issues with the tow assist? I don't use cruise control too much personally, although I probably should.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned O'Neill View Post
Hi, I am about to order a 2018 HSE Luxury Diesel but deciding on a few options.
My dealer says the full size spare doesn’t change the inside space but the LR build and price web tool says “Loadspace floor will be raised by approximately 100 mm and maximum loadspace will be reduced”.
Anyone have one or do any comparisons when you bought yours?

I didn’t think to measure it when I was test driving.
Did you find out the answer to this question? If so, could you share? I’m really curious.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:28 PM

I don't know about the full size spare but I love the adaptive cruise. I would scrap the Advanced Tow Assist and the required transfer case option, saving a couple thousand bucks.

I just got the DEF message "refill in 1500 miles" with 4500 miles on the car. I added a couple gallons and will talk to the dealer about it when I bring it in for service. Is the early DEF message just a software message glitch or is the software actually using more DEF than necessary?
Old 01-21-2018, 08:47 PM

I can’t say for sure but I think the confusion is because of the 3rd row.
The 2017 I saw with one had a 3rd row and it looked just like other 3rd row ones.
I just used the build and price thing and the same message shows when you build one without a 3rd row. So my guess is with a 3rd row there is no room loss with a full size spare but if you don’t have 3rd row then you lose the 100 mm with a full size.
If I ever find out for sure I will post.