New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full size spare question

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 04:18 PM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just got an email from my dealer: "Received word from Land Rover Corporate that the 2018 diesels will not be released this month which might slow production on the 2018 models. "

Old 02-06-2018, 12:11 PM
Drifting

I placed an order at the end of last year for a 2018 Td6 D5. It's scheduled to be built next week and delivered to the dealer at the end of March. I'll ask for another update around Feb. 22nd and report back...

Old 02-06-2018, 12:36 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by giddy-up
I placed an order at the end of last year for a 2018 Td6 D5. It's scheduled to be built next week and delivered to the dealer at the end of March. I'll ask for another update around Feb. 22nd and report back...
I am very curious. You might want to check and see if it will really get built next week, maybe they will do that if they are really sure if will be approved before they ship it to the US but right now, it doesn't show as approved:

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Powe...ry&srchtyp=ymm

Old 02-06-2018, 10:10 PM
Mudding

giddy-up, I can't message back, mb is full. I think you get limited until you have 10 posts.
Anyway, a guy I work with lives right near that dealer. The only one around I didn't go to, probably should have. It looks pretty big.

Old 02-07-2018, 09:31 AM
Drifting

My PM box is full with a whopping 1 message...
Norwood is the biggest with Peabody 2nd. Norwood should be able to order what ever you want. Whether or not the EPA will let a 2018 Td6 in the US, well we'll just have to wait and see.

Old 02-11-2018, 03:13 PM
Mudding

Well I liked the idea of the diesel but do not have plans for towing anything so I decided to order a gas engine. I did go for the full size spare.
Planned date is 4/25 but hoping it comes earlier once it has my name attached which should be tomorrow!

Old 02-14-2018, 05:27 PM
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tpms

I'm getting ready to replace the space saver spare that came with my DV with a full size spare, and am wondering how to connect it to the TPMS system. According to the owner's manual, full size spares have TPMS but the space savers do not. I know I'll need to buy and install a TPMS valve, but am wondering how to make sure it monitors and displays the pressure in the spare. Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:09 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by dewamatt
I'm getting ready to replace the space saver spare that came with my DV with a full size spare, and am wondering how to connect it to the TPMS system. According to the owner's manual, full size spares have TPMS but the space savers do not. I know I'll need to buy and install a TPMS valve, but am wondering how to make sure it monitors and displays the pressure in the spare. Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi - the system will only monitor the 4 wheels actually in use. So when you take off a wheel and put the spare on, the system will detect the transmissions from that wheel and monitor it (there is an antenna in each wheel arch area). But while it sits in the back of the car as a spare it isn't monitored

How do you replace the space saver with a full size? When you buy the car it says that the trunk floor will be 10cm higher if you put in a dull size. So how do you change to a full size?

Old 03-01-2018, 05:59 PM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ned O'Neill
I am very curious. You might want to check and see if it will really get built next week, maybe they will do that if they are really sure if will be approved before they ship it to the US but right now, it doesn't show as approved:

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Powe...ry&srchtyp=ymm
I just checked the link provided. Very helpful. It appears the EPA has now approved the LR 3.0 Diesel in the D5 - correct? Ref Page 34, under "Diesel Vehicles".

Old 03-01-2018, 06:02 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Hans L
I just checked the link provided. Very helpful. It appears the EPA has now approved the LR 3.0 Diesel in the D5 - correct? The report is dated 2/26/18 now.
Yes, it looks to me like it was approved on 2/26 , it shows up both on that link and the pdf book.

Quick Reply: Full size spare question