Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laggy Accelerator Fix?

Old 11-23-2018, 03:05 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default And??????

Originally Posted by BelGSX-R
I will absolutely keep you posted! Yesterday, I haven't had the chance to trigger the delay in down-shift, but while stopping (slowing to a halt), I felt a more pronounced down-shift from 2nd to 1st (presumably at higher rpm). However, another forum member said the problem was gone after bringing it to the shop for software update. (search for LR4Top in this thread (click me). If the problem is gone, I will tell my service advisor that this update should become a standard procedure due to safety risks.....
Any updates?

Old 11-23-2018, 04:22 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Looking for an update as well.

Old 11-24-2018, 08:21 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry, have been a busy few days..... We've been driving around and at the usual intersections, I haven't been able to trigger the laggy acceleration. So to me, the software update did the trick!

Old 11-26-2018, 04:41 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts

Took my 2019 in to add the Smartphone pack for Carplay, requested they look at the accelerator lag as well. Got it back and the SA stated they performed the latest Maintenance Software update for all components. Took them about 2 hours for all the updates.

Have not noticed the severe lag after that, but haven't had too many situations that would normally trigger it. Seems better, but need to drive it some more. There still seems to be a slight lag in certain conditions, but not very noticeable. Need to pry it out of the wife's hands to get more test time

Update: Have been driving around a bit and I can still feel a lag under certain conditions. Seems less noticeable, mostly under 8 MPH and not as severe. The shifts feel a bit more abrupt at these low speeds when stopping and then accelerating again. Guess we will have to keep bugging the dealers about this. Perhaps with a bit more refinement they will get it right.

Never had this issue with other vehicles, so it just seems sloppy shift tuning. My old V8 4Runner and GX470 both had 5spd autos and shifted smooth with no hesitation or lag, though both had a clunk when coming to stop and pulling away due to the rear driveshaft (which took a while to solve).

Last edited by andries; 11-28-2018 at 09:58 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Groucho123 (11-28-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 03:07 PM
pdt
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Everyone -- First Post -- Thanks for the great info.

This is an acknowledged issue per an October 11, 2018 service bulletin of sorts. To my knowledge, LRNA has not issued a solution yet. The documentation I saw (which looked like a PDF on a computer screen) mentioned that this fix is to be applied back to MY2014, so I take that to include other V6 engines prior to the release of the Disco 5 (RRS maybe?).

I have no inside info -- I was shown this bulletin on a computer screen. Thankfully I don't feel like a lunatic anymore (at least not for this reason!) and that LRNA is working on a fix.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:04 PM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is at the dealer now - was there all day today and they said still more software work and testing tomorrow. They are addressing other S/W glitches as well. They may be updating from the old to the new. I didn’t ask about CarPlay because I really don’t want it.

I have an FType as a loaner and it has the newer interface and frankly, I don’t like it as much as what I have now. Regardless, my primary concern/objective is to get the lag fixed. Secondarily, I have some electronic glitches that need to be fixed too - steering wheel that only pushes back upon car off half the time, finicky rear camera, etc.

i will I’ll give a report on Saturday - I should have the car back by then.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:13 PM
pdt
2nd Gear

I also am having issues with...
- auto stop/start never turns off (I hate it anyway, but...)
- music on bluetooth does not kick on until a few minutes down the road and often quits
- manual volume control does not always respond

Old 11-30-2018, 09:09 PM
Drifting

My Disco is back from the dealer. I would say that the lag is about half remedied - they did some software updates and reset the learning process. Part of me thinks that some of the lag is a core characteristic of the transmission, but who knows. Regardless, it is much better than it was before. Hopefully after the 'learning' is complete, nothing changes.

As a side note, I had some other electrical gremlins that they addressed. Interestingly enough, none of the gremlins were associated with the media, telephone or nav systems. As such, they did nto update that software (so I'm still on 17C), but it does appear that they updated software in the instrument cluster. As one of my previous posts stated, I'm completely fine staying on 17C as I'm not a fan of the new interface and I don't like using CarPlay or AA as I don't want to always have to connect my phones with a cord. Bluetooth connectivity is perfectly fine with me.

Old 12-13-2018, 07:49 PM
4th Gear

Still Laggy! Picked up the Discovery yesterday and software updates didn't correct it. SA stated he is getting other owners with the same lag. He said Land Rover knows there is an issue, but doesn't have a fix. While mine was at the dealer, they gave me a Velar Dynamic R and it has zero lag. I just don't understand why so many other vehicles have the same transmission, without the lag and Land Rover cannot come up with a fix.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:54 PM
Overlanding

I'm bringing mine in tomorrow to install Apple Carplay, but also asked to check out the lag issue. We'll see how long this issue drags on until it's 100% corrected.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Laggy Accelerator Fix?