Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laggy Accelerator Fix?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 06:11 AM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by BritCars
Hi - just seen you updated on this in another thread. Thank you!
where is the update? What software was patched to fix this?

Old 11-02-2018, 10:53 AM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi LR4Top.
"My tech told me that it was a software issue that they would need to update. When I picked up the D5 and test drove it, it felt like I was driving a new D5. The issue went away. "

Can you tell us what software they actually updated? Engine controller? Transmission? Other? And what is the new software? It's strange that your dealer has that without having to get emissions control approval. Are you in US?
If you could get the specific update details, bulletin number etc that would be outstanding for many of us on here
My master tech researched at length and they did say it needs a software patch but they were many months away from developing and deploying it
I wish I knew the details of the software regarding version number, etc. I'm in the US and my vehicle is a 2017 Discovery HSE LUX i6. My advice is to keep on top of your dealership's service department. When I picked up my D5 from service, I literally made my service representative sit in the car with me and test it out to make sure it works. There have been numerous times when they said it was ready and fixed but when I would test it out, I would immedately take the vehicle back and tell my service rep that I will not accept my vehicle not repaired.

Old 11-04-2018, 07:58 AM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by preeble
I've read about this common problem (I have it too) and I have seen people take theirs in for some sort of software update. To be clear, my issue is when I slow down and then accelerate (before coming to a complete stop), my accelerator is very slow to respond. Did this fix completely resolve the issue or only make it slightly better?

I've been driving like a madman since I purchased the car (much to do chagrin of my passengers), hoping that the problem would go away, but it hasn't. Sport mode is no better. For me, this is a safety concern as the laggy pedal could leave me vulnerable to oncoming traffic.
Have the same problem. Brought back to the deale on 10/26 and they acknowledged the issue and supposedly downloaded a different tune. I only had about 900 mi on it and have driven it about 300 miles with the "new" tune. It's better than what it was but still not acceptable. I'm going to forward this thread to my service rep. I'll update this post if I find out anything.

Old 11-04-2018, 08:05 AM
Drifting

Hi LR4Top.
"My tech told me that it was a software issue that they would need to update. When I picked up the D5 and test drove it, it felt like I was driving a new D5. The issue went away. "

Can you tell us what software they actually updated? Engine controller? Transmission? Other? And what is the new software? It's strange that your dealer has that without having to get emissions control approval. Are you in US?
If you could get the specific update details, bulletin number etc that would be outstanding for many of us on here
My master tech researched at length and they did say it needs a software patch but they were many months away from developing and deploying it
SSM73409 is the reference number they used for the trans problem

Old 11-14-2018, 01:30 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

After a full week at the dealership for various smaller issues (all covered under warranty), I'll be able to take the Disco for a test drive tonight. Curious to see if their transmission and powertrain update fixed the laggy acceleration:

Last edited by BelGSX-R; 11-14-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:41 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by BelGSX-R
After a full week at the dealership for various smaller issues (all covered under warranty), I'll be able to take the Disco for a test drive tonight. Curious to see if their transmission and powertrain update fixed the laggy acceleration:
So by that note, I cannot tell if the update cured it or they are saying it was fine to begin with. I'll be interested to hear if it helped. I think it is dangerous as is.
Thanks.

Old 11-14-2018, 07:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

Agreed. Pls let us know if that cured it...

Old 11-15-2018, 11:23 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, and if it fixed it, and you're able to ask, it'd be great to have a specific update or bulletin # or whatever to bring to the dealer....TIA

Old 11-15-2018, 11:44 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I will absolutely keep you posted! Yesterday, I haven't had the chance to trigger the delay in down-shift, but while stopping (slowing to a halt), I felt a more pronounced down-shift from 2nd to 1st (presumably at higher rpm). However, another forum member said the problem was gone after bringing it to the shop for software update. (search for LR4Top in this thread (click me). If the problem is gone, I will tell my service advisor that this update should become a standard procedure due to safety risks.....

Old 11-20-2018, 10:49 AM
Drifting

Similar discussion in this thread:
https://landroverforums.com/forum/ne...t-issue-89581/

I had a RR sport HSE with 20k something miles on it recently, and I noticed the same characteristics in what we are describing here. It feels like its consistent with the 6cyl engine.

Quick Reply: Laggy Accelerator Fix?