New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tow Package - Can it be added?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 12:33 PM
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=TexasLandmark;743184]Pictures i have of Discos that may help. Some are mine and some are not... and yes... spare offroad cover is purple... to match our offroad wheelset and winch stuff

I do like the stealth for it not killing body lines and bumper when not in use.

I did a follow up post with a bunch of photos but they are in limbo as I am a new member so my photos need to be reviewed - just in case I put out something a little too cheeky!

I have a shackle receiver block to replace the recovery point on the old one. You recovery point cutout is what I did at my front recovery point as it is so under the stinking truck that if it is muddy I don't want to have to get under the darn thing to tear off the cover and then find it.

I also have a soft shackle that is for the front side.

All good stuff...

The following users liked this post:
TexasLandmark (09-16-2020)
Old 09-17-2020, 09:21 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 102 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Powers

I did a follow up post with a bunch of photos but they are in limbo as I am a new member so my photos need to be reviewed - just in case I put out something a little too cheeky!

I have a shackle receiver block to replace the recovery point on the old one. You recovery point cutout is what I did at my front recovery point as it is so under the stinking truck that if it is muddy I don't want to have to get under the darn thing to tear off the cover and then find it.

I also have a soft shackle that is for the front side.

All good stuff...
I'm torn on what to do with front cover... my hidden winch mount is supposedly shipping out soon, and i am in limbo on doing the lucky8 skid plate... i may just buy a second front lower fascia on ebay to cut a hole in... i hate cutting a hole my origional with a few thousand miles on it. We switch the offroad junk and wheelset on and off depending on if it's in fun mode or drive wife to work mode.

What are you going to do to get the four wire and 6 wire land rover Deutsche plugs to standard trailer sizes? Lop em off, make your own, or buy the dealer set? For $150 I'd probably just buy the dealer set myself... sourcing all the connectors and the time wouldn't be worth it for me... and I work in an industry where I repair equipment with these connections often lol