New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Looking for guidance

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 12:01 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for guidance

Hello all!

I'm a new member to the forum and have enjoyed my RRS Supercharged for the past year. I'm thinking about trading it for a Defender 90 and wanted to get your thoughts on whether or not I'm crazy. Here's my situation:
  • I currently have a 2008 RRS Supercharged that only has 6000 miles on it.
  • I live in Rochester, NY. Winters are harsh and I need something that can handle the snow (obviously any LR will fit that bill).
  • I have two large dogs, one 5 yr old daughter, and my wife (who drives an X5) but I need something as a daily driver (short distances) that can manage everyone.
  • I have a summer car that also gets about 5k miles per year on it - 2 seater so it doesn't help with the family or the dogs
  • I am a car enthusiast. In my relatively short life, I've had many and typically change every 2 years.
  • I like the exclusivity and the capability of the D90.
  1. So, am I crazy to want to go from an '08 RRS to a early-mid 90's D90?
  2. What should I be looking for and what type of maintenance costs should I expect? Are there particular years that were better than others?
  3. Costs seem to vary greatly. I know that mileage, year and condition play a factor but is there a range that is realistic?
  4. Is there anything else I should know?
  5. I've traded messages with a great guy at landroversforsale but didn't know if anyone had experience with them (or others) that you could share.
Sorry for the long message but I want to make sure this would be a good move. Thanks!

Old 04-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the nice part about the sport - WARRANTY. no your not crazy everybody wants one but a good one is damn pricey and if your not 100 percent sure on the quirks of turning a wrench on one the repairs could get costly.... leaks etc. but i dont blame ya for wanting one...