New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Virgin/Greenhorn/totally new and looking for help with my first perchance of a D2

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 01:21 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Virgin/Greenhorn/totally new and looking for help with my first perchance of a D2

Hello to one and all.

I am as green as they come but me and the Mrs are looking to buy a D2 TD5 ES in manual as we have three young children plus the need to be able to carry one or two more passengers so after our Renault Espace went bang (what a shock NOT!) we have decided to do the only sensible thing and go British.

As I said, this may be a family wagon for us BUT I love all things "out doors" plus driving so it's not a surprise that green lanning has appealed for some time!

What I need is advice on the truck to buy and pretty much everything else!

Please can you help me find the right truck because if I buy another lemon my wife will start chopping stuff off! My budget is 4K.

Many thanks.

P.s I'm a licensed Amateur radioer so the use of CB works for me but I may well go a bit over board with it lol. 73's for now.

Old 09-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

CQ DX

You may find more for sale on web sites based in the UK, they don't let us have many diesels in the States, just the petrol.