Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

A fire that started but couldn't be put out

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 06:34 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
Thought I'd wrap up this conversation now that I'm home. Here's the close-up of the thatching Brian:

Thanks for keeping the thread on topic by talking about fires that can't be put out, Offroad Yeah, I can imagine they'd be troublesome if a match was lit. Apparently thatched cottages are also referred to as 'chocolate boxes' due to their charm. Who knew.

My father-in-law felt bad and gave me a peace offering later in the day. Humbugs.. a candy that I bring back for my boss but all these years he thought I liked them - haha.

The sun did come out while we were there - it was really a nice stay and the locals were friendly and welcoming. Here are a few shots of the area:

and so that I do not stray too far from topic - here's a lovely Disco that makes mine look like gold:

I'd say that it has a little suspension issue.. how about you?

We had a quiet flight back and a nice photo opportunity at 33,000' over the Glaciers in Greenland:

I had fun but it's good to be back home. I missed my Rover.
Hi KD

Good to see you're all home safe and sound.

You have some obligatory tourist photos there, the red London bus and quaint Cornish village life The D2 looks well 'used and abused' so undoubtedly the yellow tow truck at the front is there for good reason, unless he drives it as well and then I'd be seriously worried.