Range Rover L322 (3rd Gen) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover L322 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Drive! No Drive Engagement

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 10:21 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Drive! No Drive Engagement

Hello, i am new here, I I own a 2005 Lande Rover Range Rover.4.4. I recently had an Alternator go out. the vehicle was running fine, no issues no check engine lights nada. 85k Miles So, I Replaced the Alternator. I fill it up with coolant. Go to take it for a drive. The vehicle goes in reverse about 100 feet ( i was on the street and actually fixed it in a parking lot ) The vehicles all of the sudden just revs in Reveres. So I put it in Drive, still nothing. I push the vehicle back into the spot I came from. I took a look at the shifter cable, nice works great. Come back in try it again put it in reverse and then drive, nothing .go to put it in the park and i hear a grinding sound like when a car is moving and you throw it in the park. i had someone hold the brake and put it in Revere and Drive, i see the from prop shaft spinning but no engagement to the from Diff. They up it in drive it freely spins one way then reveres ut spins another way, but no engagement like it's in neutral. I put my hand on the rear driveshaft, it is just as it would be in the park. No movement at all. I am so confused. i did the #37 rest with the fuse. Still nothing Nothing at all. Did the Alternator surge and blow the Transfer case ECU? Relays? i have no idea what else to look for. So confused. the vehicle was just perfect. I did notice a few tikes that the low gear light was flashing but would stop after i shut off and restarted.I hope someone can help!