Range Rover L405 (Fourth Gen) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover 405 within.

Carplay no navigation sound

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2021, 10:54 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2020RR is doing the same thing ever since I downloaded the latest infotainment update…and it is driving me crazy not to have sound with my navigation app. My vehicle went in for service and the dealership said they are aware of the issue and they are working on a solution. They also said this issue has not occurred with everyone who updated, and I find that odd.
Has anyone been able to find a solution?

Old 06-23-2021, 11:58 AM
Overlanding
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Still no sound

Thanks for responding. I’m in the same boat. Since the last update… I know the temporary fix which I posted above but it just comes right back again. I have the dealer looking at it on Monday also. Let me know what your finds if you don’t mind and I’ll let you know what Mine finds. Since chances are neither one of them will find a solution LOL

did you tell them only about internal nav or did you tell them about CarPlay also?

Old 06-23-2021, 10:07 PM
haa
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Had the same problem with my 2018 RR Sport and iPhone 12 with latest OTA update from RR and latest iOS update from Apple.
The following solution inspired by Mischik worked:

1-Close all the navigation apps and stop the Apple Music on your phone.
2- Plug in your phone
3- After CarPlay opens click the “Land Rover” button and go to the Land Rover media screen.
4- click mute then click unmute on the Land Rover media screen
5- change source to Radio then change source to CarPlay on the Land Rover media screen
6- Click the Land Rover screen Home Button
7- Click the CarPlay button to go back to CarPlay
Now check if your navigation sound is back. Seems to be a problem caused by a recent Range Rover software update which triggers when you plug in the phone while playing music and running the navigation at the same time so make sure you shut off those apps on your phone before plugging it in.

Good luck!

The following 2 users liked this post by haa:
Alia (08-29-2021), jeffrub (07-21-2021)
Old 06-24-2021, 03:29 PM
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mischik
hi everybody, this happened to me as well a few weeks ago and I was able to fix it, it happened to me again last night and I fixed it, it happened to me this morning and I was not able to use the same method. Let me tell you what I did the first two times and see if it helps other people. By the way, check the range rover navigation. With my issue, I’m not able to use range rover navigation with audio either! Even its own navigation does not have turn by turn directions through the audio. SMH.

so my solution was to go to the range rover settings using the eight little dots in the lower left-hand corner, go to audio settings, click mute and unmute, then go to source, and click the radio and then click CarPlay. Then hit the home button and go back to CarPlay. That fixed the audio on the turn by turn directions in all of the apps and through the range rover application itself through the vehicle. But again it’s not working this time after fixing it twice using this method.

what seems to be causing it or triggering it anyway is plugging in the phone while it’s playing music and in the middle of doing a turn by turn. For some reason that seems to screw it up. it happened to me after the range rover software update, not the Apple update.

and like I said, it happens with the range rover navigation application also, it’s own built-in one! I’m curious for those of you having the same problem if the range rover version also gives you an issue, and if this fixes it for you. It’s driving me crazy and I keep missing off ramps. We need to get to the bottom of it.
dani
Thanks for your workaround Mischik. Tried this yesterday and was indeed able to restore the Carplay navigation sound by switching a bit back and forth between sources and muting in between. But next trip it was already gone again. My car's own navigation sound is still working all the time.

The following users liked this post:
jeffrub (07-21-2021)
Old 06-24-2021, 03:33 PM
Overlanding
Default Issue coming back

Originally Posted by sventek
Thanks for your workaround Mischik. Tried this yesterday and was indeed able to restore the Carplay navigation sound by switching a bit back and forth between sources and muting in between. But next trip it was already gone again. My car's own navigation sound is still working all the time.

thank you, same here. As soon as I plug it back in, back to the same issue. i’m not sure what the fix is and I don’t think the dealer even remotely understands what I’m saying

KCD (07-13-2022)
Old 06-25-2021, 01:41 AM
4th Gear

thank you, same here. As soon as I plug it back in, back to the same issue. i’m not sure what the fix is and I don’t think the dealer even remotely understands what I’m saying
It seems like it is a known issue according to a thread at https://www.xeforums.co.uk/, there is an internal LR bulletin SSM75415 on this and should be fixed with an OTA update hopefully in the near future.

Old 06-25-2021, 04:14 AM
Overlanding
Default Thanks

It seems like it is a known issue according to a thread at https://www.xeforums.co.uk/, there is an internal LR bulletin SSM75415 on this and should be fixed with an OTA update hopefully in the near future.
appreciate it thanks. I wasn’t able to find the exact thread on that link. I’ll search again tomorrow. Appreciate your post and hopefully they do fix it soon

Old 06-26-2021, 01:31 AM
4th Gear

appreciate it thanks. I wasn’t able to find the exact thread on that link. I’ll search again tomorrow. Appreciate your post and hopefully they do fix it soon
Exact link: https://www.xeforums.co.uk/viewtopic...8307&start=390

Old 06-26-2021, 02:22 AM
Overlanding
Default Continued airplay sound nav issue

this is beyond helpful, thank you. My car is at the dealer for this and a repeat (five times now) blower issue for the seat warmer, so I’ll have them continue to dig. I’ll report back with anything I find and thanks again

Alia (08-29-2021)
Old 06-29-2021, 11:40 AM
Overlanding
Default Thanks

Haa
I can’t find your original post now but it came to my email. Thank you for the step-by-step. I had not realized the relationship between the audio. That makes sense and explains why it keeps happening. Thank you for that

haa (06-29-2021)

Quick Reply: Carplay no navigation sound