Range Rover L405 (Fourth Gen) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover 405 within.

Carplay no navigation sound

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 11:34 PM
Overlanding
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

[QUOTE=sventek;780024]It seems like it is a known issue according to a thread at https://www.xeforums.co.uk/, there is an internal LR bulletin SSM75415 on this and should be fixed with an OTA update hopefully in the near future.[/QUOT

The following users liked this post:
Mischik (08-05-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 11:41 PM
Overlanding

Been having this same problem for a few weeks now (no sound from navigation on any iOS device). It surfaced just after an update to the system on the Velar.
contacted my dealership and they had not heard of it. After registering for this forum and reading of others with the same issue, I contacted dealership again.
service tech found a bulletin on it and advised that they are working on it. No solution as of yet tho.

Mischik (07-13-2021)
Old 07-07-2021, 12:32 AM
Overlanding
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Thanks

[QUOTE=GRRR;781698]
Originally Posted by sventek
It seems like it is a known issue according to a thread at https://www.xeforums.co.uk/, there is an internal LR bulletin SSM75415 on this and should be fixed with an OTA update hopefully in the near future.[/QUOT
thanks yes hopefully. I tried to get the dealer to roll my infotainment back to a prior version but they wouldn’t

Old 07-11-2021, 06:16 AM
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good morning everyone from Spain, I just registered in the forum. I have a RR p400 from 2020. I usually use tomtom go and it does not work either. I am happy to have known this forum because a few weeks ago I was worried about this failure and did not know exactly where it came from. Tomorrow I will inform the dealer to increase the number of protests.I wish a quick solution from LR
best regards

Mischik (07-11-2021)
Old 07-11-2021, 08:39 PM
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I too have the same issue with Carplay navigation - no sound - unless I am on the phone then it will play. Also, when connected to carplay - if I tap on the speaker to see where the sound is going - it says speaker - not carplay - it used to say carplay, but now carplay isn't an option. I have tried every trick mentioned here and online - nothing has worked.

I have 2018 Velar - the dealership updated the infotainment system on 7/2 - I had it in for an oil change and asked if they knew why carplay would be randomly disconnecting as I'm driving down the road. It had done that a few times for a couple weeks then on the way to the dealership it did it again and then gave an error message that the cable wasn't recognized. Since I was at the dealership, I asked. They updated the infotainment system while I was there. They didn't ask if I wanted it - I had heard others complain about issues after the update do I had delayed it for a reason. Now, I have no audio for carplay navigation. GRRRR is right.

I too hope there is a fix SOON!!!

The following 2 users liked this post by Cmitchell8:
KCD (07-13-2022), Mischik (07-11-2021)
Old 07-11-2021, 08:55 PM
Overlanding
Default Temporary fix.

I tried haa’s solution on two separate occasions. It worked both times and the navigation turn by turn guidance from my iPhone could be heard perfectly.
Once the vehicle is powered down however, we are right back to the same problem when restarted.

Mischik (07-13-2021)
Old 07-11-2021, 09:13 PM
haa
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GRRR
I tried haa’s solution on two separate occasions. It worked both times and the navigation turn by turn guidance from my iPhone could be heard perfectly.
Once the vehicle is powered down however, we are right back to the same problem when restarted.
Yes until a firmware update is issued to either the car or the iPhones this problem will continue to reoccur. I am sure the Land Rover programmers are currently squabbling with the Apple programmers over who needs to issue the fix!

The following 2 users liked this post by haa:
jeffrub (07-26-2021), Mischik (07-23-2021)
Old 07-21-2021, 02:52 PM
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got off of the phone with Landrover USA and they still no idea when this issue that everyone seems to be having with the infotainment will be cleared up. In the meantime it's back to the stone ages of using my Waze app on the Iphone with bluetooth in order to find out where the cops are hiding. It seems like if they can put a couple of billionaires in space, they ought to be able to fix a simple problem like this. Just sayin...

The following 3 users liked this post by jeffrub:
elmer (07-23-2021), haa (08-05-2021), Mischik (08-13-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 12:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It’s a bug in the software and JLR is aware of it though has no fix

I also have this annoying problem and I took the car to the dealership to fix it. They said a software update is needed so I scheduled one. Today I picked up the car from the dealership after they had it for four days for the software update. As I drove away and turned on the apple car play navigation I was stunned that the volume didn’t come on. When I got home and read the paperwork it said that they didn’t do a software update because the version I had is up to date. Also it says that JLR is aware of the stated problem and has no fix as of now. It’s beyond me why I wasn’t told this. Also surprising is that the new Evoque I was given as a loaner worked perfectly in this regard. If anyone knows whether there is a setting on the car to address the car play navigation voice issue please advise. All other audios on car play work as has been stated here.

QUOTE=sventek;774408]Having an annoying issue with 2020 RR that is keeping me busy me for a week now. Basic problem: when I run a navigation app on my iPhone 12 I do not hear the turn-by-turn instructions over Carplay. All other Carplay sound (e.g. Spotify, Tunein radio) is working no problem. Tried multiple navigation apps (Apple Maps, Google Maps, TomTom), all having the same problem. Also tried with 2 other iPhones, same issue so it's definitely the car and not the phone. Did a lot of Googling and found some instructions to turn the volume **** while a Carplay navigation instruction is given, but that only alters the 'main' volume so it turns up the music volume but still does not output any turn-by-turn instructions. In Google Maps on Carplay there is a volume option that says something like 'change the volume with your car volume control' but that doesn't do anything either.

I am running the latest version S21A_21.10.6.676616. Today got a call from someone that also just updated to this version in L405 and now has the same issue. So looks like a bug in the Infotainment.

Does anybody know of a way to reset all volumes to the default? I already did a factory reset of Infotainment, did not help.[/QUOTE]

Old 08-13-2021, 07:37 AM
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So frustrating!

I too am having the same issue with Carplay on my 2019 Velar. IT department is well aware of the issue but no one can tell us when the “fix” will happen. I opened a ticket in June of this year.

Mischik (08-13-2021)

Quick Reply: Carplay no navigation sound