Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 08:57 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex J
I used Liner Xtreem to coat my FZJ80 that had had bad clear coat on the hood, roof and the tops of the front fenders. I sanded off the clear that was bubbling and pealing down to the paint but just scuffed the rest and it turned out fine. I will be using it again to coat the roof of my D2.

What I used, Welcome to Liner Xtreeme Bedliners to tuffen all your toys!

80 series pictures,https://goo.gl/photos/QFViuDi4er4HABmE8
that looks sharp as hell. For that price, looks like I'll do my roof in the polyurethane black since it has the uv
protectant and for that price, I can do that!!!

Old 06-15-2017, 09:22 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Alright so while I was under my D2 changing my front driveshaft I noticed that I had a rear main seal leak... GREAT! Since I know that this engine will not be in the rover long term I decided to drop a bottle of of Barr's Main Seal Leak Stop in her. I've driven about 150 miles since then (it says it takes a couple hundred or so miles to work) and parked over a piece of cardboard to see if it's going to work. I also out a bottle of SeaFoam in my gas tank and then I did the SeaFoam spray into my intake. The engine actual feels smoother and stronger.

I'll let you guy know tomorrow about the leak, but so far I'm pretty impressed. I'm going to do an oil change next Wednesday and plan on doing the SeaFoam in the oil a couple of days prior.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:34 PM
Rock Crawling

Something weird happened today. After SeaFoaming my engine I started her up the next day to drive downtown and as soon as I got on the street I could tell she was running like crap. All of the sudden the SES light starts flashing and I pull over and sit there while she idles roughly. Misfire codes, and a P1300 (igniter circuit fault). So I shut her down, then start her back up and she is idling perfect. I do this twice and then she starts running good, with the exception of low end power when I'm starting to move. She's running better now, but still doesn't seem to have power off the line.

Old 06-17-2017, 04:20 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
that looks sharp as hell. For that price, looks like I'll do my roof in the polyurethane black since it has the uv
protectant and for that price, I can do that!!!
Thanks.

One thing I would recommend with the Liner Xtreem product is not using the rubber crumb that comes in the kit. This makes the finish very rough almost like sand paper and if I still had my 80 series I was going to recoat it without the crumb in the liner to smooth it out. If you were using it on the bottom of a truck bed or something similar that was going to be walked on it would be great but for coating the body I would not use it.

Old 06-17-2017, 04:24 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Mskembo
Something weird happened today. After SeaFoaming my engine I started her up the next day to drive downtown and as soon as I got on the street I could tell she was running like crap. All of the sudden the SES light starts flashing and I pull over and sit there while she idles roughly. Misfire codes, and a P1300 (igniter circuit fault). So I shut her down, then start her back up and she is idling perfect. I do this twice and then she starts running good, with the exception of low end power when I'm starting to move. She's running better now, but still doesn't seem to have power off the line.
How far did you drive it after the initial Sea Foaming? If it wasn't that far or you didn't drive it at all you probably had some residual sea foam in the intake track.

Old 06-17-2017, 07:21 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Alex J
How far did you drive it after the initial Sea Foaming? If it wasn't that far or you didn't drive it at all you probably had some residual sea foam in the intake track.
I drove from Salt Lake City to Park City (about 40 minutes), then had dinner and came back. Should have been plenty of time. The problem is that I didn't put it in at the right spot. I used the seam just behind the MAF and it all just pooled in the bulb under the intake pipe.

Soooooo, it was running worse this morning and I started taking the intake apart. The SeaFoam was filling the bulb under the MAF. I cleaned her all up. Got some MAF cleaner and did a thurough job there, then I cleaned the IAV, throttlebody and everything else that I could see possibly having been messed up by the SeaFoam fiasco.

BTW, I stole this picture off of here and circled the area I put the SeaFoam in at in red, and the place I should have put the SeaFoam in in Green.

She's running great now! , only a million little tasks left before I drive her to Phoenix on Thursday!

Old 06-17-2017, 10:36 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Having had it for 2 whole days, My research department (wife) told me how to get it started and drove it off the trailer. Then I put some gas in, fixed a small coolant leak and drove it about 5 miles. It was free, I didn't know if it Would Run at all.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:21 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Put a d1 cdl shifter in my 2000 d2. What a pia!!!!! Got it all done and got the hook up from abran on a slabs unit. My better half wasn't happy with the time consuming process but for $19, I can't bitch and I even pick up a new instrument cluster cover and it was on like $20 at the pull a part. I scored today but wish there would have been a factory trailer wiring harness to pull but no luck. Has the roof rails powder coated in matte black texture and will be putting them on in the morning and buttoning everything back up interior wise. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel where I can finish with all the odds and ends to get her running right so I can start keeping up with tricky dicky and getting the panty dropper a lift and new front bumper and start the build thread!!!

Old 06-18-2017, 09:39 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Arb

Tore off the old bumper, and installed an ARB bumper from a 99' disco 2. Installed 6000k HID's, and 4 LED spotlights that came of Union Pacific maintenance trucks... Needless to say it won't be dark anywhere with this truck. P.s... That is the Union Jack, not the Confederate Flag 😂

Old 06-18-2017, 10:55 AM
Rock Crawling

You don't have to worry about seeing anything in front of you anymore!

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?