Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 09:26 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by zoltan7
Right lol every time I was mine heavy with a powerwasher, I get 02 codes
Well, that solves it then. Because I was heavy with the powerwasher. Thanks for the peace of mind.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:13 AM
Mudding
Received 148 Likes on 68 Posts

I had to paint the facia all around my house - the Disco 2 with baja roof rack works great as a rolling scaffolding to reach high places.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:28 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,163 Likes on 839 Posts

01 pulled the zero-turn out of the ditch, went into the slope a little hot...and that's all she wrote. Left the strap hooked to the rover until I was done with the ditch, unfortunately...didn't need it again.

Brian.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:18 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 183 Likes on 157 Posts

Headlight conversion is coming along good. Less work than I thought. if you tackle this job, there are some good tutorials out there but IMO they do way more work than needed. Only these 2 mount points are needed. One was a simple drill hole, and the other I did a rivet nut. Plus the bulb-clip-in-mount for the side makes 3

Hardest part has proven to be working with the guy who sold the headlights. ****ing crazy...
6 weeks ago: paid, no tracking info received
4 weeks ago: whats up dude? Oh, he says that FedEx lost it. Don't worry he said, i'll mail you a new set now. Okay...
3 weeks ago: receive headlights. one is busted, and no plug harnesses as requested. He says he'll get a new one out. a week later he mails it
this week: receive replacement headlight, one mount is partially broken off, screw it, I plastic welded it. Guess what, still no plugs! Now waiting for those...

Every time I ask for tracking info and never get it. Finally I wised up and found this cool service called FedEx Delivery Manager that notifies you anytime someone ships a package to your address.

/vent

Last edited by Jeff Blake; 05-18-2017 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:07 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Got my ac line going to the accumulator installed today. Charged it all up and now blowing 38 degrees out of the vents...brrrr

Old 05-19-2017, 11:39 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

installed new shocks and shock towers
also installed new drag link and steering bar, new Arb Bumper and Arb on board air and
rock sliders.

Old 05-20-2017, 09:01 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Old 05-20-2017, 09:06 AM
Mudding
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Well

Started the full fluid changeover this week (116,XXX miles on body, 40,XXX miles on motor).
I knocked off the diff's first and foremost. I used Royal Purple Gearmax on both and the oil that came out wasn't in horrible shape. The rear diff drain plug was already converted to the D1 radiator brass bung, I converted the front while I was there. Those are cheap from lucky8, so I ordered a few for spares. Make sure you get a metric O-ring kit from a hardware strode as those things typically disappear lol. They front wasn't easy with my welded on diff guards, had to use a wobble just to get to the drain plug. I also noticed that my front diff had been leaking a little at the plug (maybe the plastic junk factory plug had a bad seal) but it's fixed and dry now.

Next came the transfer case. I used the same gear oil there and what I drained out looked about the same as the diff's. Pretty old, but not too bad. It was a bit of a pain to get to the fill plug and pump the oil in, but not a horrible job overall.

Then I moved to tranny. I got 6 qt's of Royal Purple ATF for the final fill and 6 qts of Castrol TransMax for the initial flush. I had expected to see dark liquid when I did my initial drain, but the old fluid in the truck was nearly new lol anger sat in. But I was already too far at this point (had a new filter kit + sump gasket from L8, so I figured I might as well change those). This job sucked. It's hard to get to a few of those sump corner pieces with the exhaust piping in the way. Needed a couple wobbles just to finagle my way in there. I also went ahead and changed out the fill plug to a metric bolt just to make the next job easier (left the drain as a hex key). The worst part of this by far is refilling the sump. I had to use my regular little tiny pump with a hose sandwiched into it's normal hose just to reduce the diameter enough to get in that tiny little tranny fill hole. Horrible design on LR's part. Took roughly 30 minutes of pumping (with car off and on) just to get 5-6qt's back in there.

Job for the rest of the weekend is power steering flush, brake fluid flush, and finish coolant flush (currently running just water). Should be fun, but this will be cover things for quite a while

Old 05-20-2017, 10:12 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Driving into work have the passenger side o2 sensor go bad on me and it was under warranty.....Woo Hoo. Now I gotta send it to rock auto and get a new one.

Old 05-21-2017, 12:08 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 183 Likes on 157 Posts

Alternator wasn't putting any juice out today. Turned the car off, back on, and started working again. With a 1,000 mile trip coming up, I looked into options and found this 200 amp alternator for $175
LANDROVER DISCOVERY Alternator 1999 - 2002 4.0L Bosch High 200 AMP Generator

Can't find much info on it but I guess its worth a shot.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?