Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 01:41 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Those are about as bright as the Carman we have at CSX use on their trucks. I buttoned everything back up today and cleaned the engine bay and gotthe powder coated roof rails on

Old 06-18-2017, 07:53 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts

Trying an experiment with my headliner. Picked up some upholstery nails (fancy thumb tacks) and sticking them up. Will go pick up some screw covers that match the interior tomorrow and put them over the nails to see how it looks

my headliner sacks slightly in some areas and was concerned about driving around with windows open and making it worse

Old 06-18-2017, 07:56 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Friday Night Disco
Trying an experiment with my headliner. Picked up some upholstery nails (fancy thumb tacks) and sticking them up. Will go pick up some screw covers that match the interior tomorrow and put them over the nails to see how it looks

my headliner sacks slightly in some areas and was concerned about driving around with windows open and making it worse
so you are worried about "tricky dicky" leaving his fly open per say

Old 06-18-2017, 08:11 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
so you are worried about "tricky dicky" leaving his fly open per say
I feel that the headliner is kind of line a comb over, Tricky Dick's needs a little protection from the wind

Old 06-18-2017, 08:20 PM
Pro Wrench

I feel that the headliner is kind of line a comb over, Tricky Dick's needs a little protection from the wind
lmao!!!

Old 06-18-2017, 08:44 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
lmao!!!

Last edited by Friday Night Disco; 06-18-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:04 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I used these in my Jaguar. They work well and if placed correctly, don't show.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Upholstery-Decorative-Twist-Pins-30pk-Clear/36800325

Old 06-18-2017, 09:28 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

That engine bay is gorgeous Jay! What spark plug wires and boots are those?

Old 06-19-2017, 06:06 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For Father's Day, I had the folks over and to show off, I 'thought' I'd take dad for a spin in the new, free, more or less untested disco. Wouldn't start. One day after my last post of the turn- the - key -and- wait thing. It's acting the same. As soon as I move the key away from "off" , the hazards start and the car won't start. Then I have to unhook the battery to turn the hazards off. So, in short, I didn't do much with it. Oy.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:48 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 825 Likes on 600 Posts

Just take it out and paint it.

I know a lot of people go ahead and get new fabric installed because it's not that expensive, but I painted mine several years ago and I'm still a fan of that approach.

It's tedious to remove the headliner and reinstall it but there's nothing difficult about doing it.

Once it's out tear off the fabric and scrape or vacuum as much of the foam as possible. Then use denatured alcohol to clean off the remaining foam and the residue of the old adhesive. Worked like a charm. No sanding required. I then rolled on a primer (probably Kilz) and then rolled on a good exterior latex I got from The Home Depot. A little 4" roller worked great with a brush in the corners.

I just took a sample of the fabric to HD and they matched the color very well. The cleaned up headliner has a bumpy surface that looks great, like bedliner.

And the best part is it will never again sag. There is one small spot where the paint got scratched and the fiberglass is showing but you have to really be looking for it. Naturally I discovered that a few months after I sent the leftover paint to recycling. Oh well.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?