Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Defender orders taking place now

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 02:38 PM
Drifting
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by drcoop
Ordering update for anyone that cares... Received word today (5/14 Build Date) that my MY22 D110 SE was actually built yesterday (and yes, ordered the larger screen), along with my VIN and Engine number. VIN showing up on TOPIX, but can't find any detailed information. This forum's VIN Decoder shows more info actually. Delivery date to mid-south US of July 16th hasn't changed. I expect I'll check back with the dealer for a ship name in the next two weeks?

Great to see things moving along!
Oh that’s good to see, since it looks like my order timeline matches up exactly with yours (also ordered the larger screen and I’m on the east coast side of US as well).
Guess I need to contact my sales rep and ask for a status update!

The following 2 users liked this post by AliP:
bobbyz95 (05-16-2021), drcoop (05-14-2021)
Old 05-16-2021, 11:25 AM
Overlanding
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AliP
Oh that’s good to see, since it looks like my order timeline matches up exactly with yours (also ordered the larger screen and I’m on the east coast side of US as well).
Guess I need to contact my sales rep and ask for a status update!

My 2022 D90 was built on 5.13

Yesterday I got this email from my dealer:

Dear Mr Miller:

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve your vehicle needs. We are so grateful that you have chosen us to assist you with your new Land Rover order. Your vehicle was built on May 13th and is currently scheduled to arrive July 9th.

As you may have heard, all manufacturers are being impacted by the global semi-conductor shortage. This shortage as well as other factors including shipping delays at the ports has caused some disruption to the normally fluid ordering process. As your order has already been built and is due in the short term, it is possible that the vehicle will arrive later than originally scheduled.

Please be reminded you are already eligible for a 6 month extension at your current payment, if you are currently leasing a Land Rover. Most other manufacturer banks also allow for lease extensions. For those vehicles which may be delayed significantly, we will address alternate transportation solutions on a case by case basis.

We appreciate your patience while we wait for more detailed information regarding your order.

Thank you again for the opportunity to earn your business.

Not liking the sound of that

Old 05-17-2021, 07:06 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by RobM

Dear Mr Miller:

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve your vehicle needs. We are so grateful that you have chosen us to assist you with your new Land Rover order. Your vehicle was built on May 13th and is currently scheduled to arrive July 9th.

As you may have heard, all manufacturers are being impacted by the global semi-conductor shortage. This shortage as well as other factors including shipping delays at the ports has caused some disruption to the normally fluid ordering process. As your order has already been built and is due in the short term, it is possible that the vehicle will arrive later than originally scheduled.

Please be reminded you are already eligible for a 6 month extension at your current payment, if you are currently leasing a Land Rover. Most other manufacturer banks also allow for lease extensions. For those vehicles which may be delayed significantly, we will address alternate transportation solutions on a case by case basis.

We appreciate your patience while we wait for more detailed information regarding your order.

Hmmm… well I have yet to hear back from my dealer after sending a status request, but I’m thinking that I might as well not get my hopes up too high for an on-time delivery in July at this point. 😒

Old 05-17-2021, 07:20 AM
Overlanding
Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RobM

Dear Mr Miller:

My P300S was built in the batch a little bit before yours (4/30) and I haven't received a similar communication. In fact, when I stopped by the dealer this weekend to start negotiating trade in value, I was informed that my delivery date had moved from 6/30 to 6/11. I'll believe it when I see it, though.

Old 05-17-2021, 06:36 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is anyone able to elaborate on the order status listed on the Build Sheets and the steps the order goes through? I’ve seen one that shows “accepted by sales”, one says “order confirmed”, just wondering if there is a flow of order statuses?

The following users liked this post:
bobbyz95 (05-17-2021)
Old 05-17-2021, 08:13 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 132 Likes on 63 Posts

Does "Build Date" mean the date the build was finished, or the date that build starts?

Old 05-17-2021, 08:14 PM
Overlanding
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RedAustinIX
Does "Build Date" mean the date the build was finished, or the date that build starts?
I was told by my dealer that it takes ONE day to build a Defender.

bobbyz95 (05-17-2021)
Old 05-17-2021, 09:00 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RedAustinIX
Based on previous posts, it sounds like generally the build is complete by the time it comes to the “Build Date”. Unless there are delays. I am sharing what I have read in all these posts but I may not have it all correct. I

Old 05-17-2021, 09:55 PM
4wd High
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ordered 110 V8 Carpathian 4/1. Build 8/13. Delivery 10/8. My sales rep said she was shocked we actually were able to get the one allocation and ordered. This is in Texas.

The following 2 users liked this post by LoneStarBridger:
Chad801 (05-17-2021), Seamusrb (05-24-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 07:48 AM
Drifting

Finally got the updated Order Details information from my sales rep which shows that I’m officially in the 5/13 build date club.
Little bit put off by the 8/27 handover date but so be it. From other posts I’m guessing that the handover date might change anyway (for better or worse).

drcoop (05-18-2021)

Quick Reply: 2022 Defender orders taking place now