Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2022 Tasman Blue Defender SE

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2022, 02:52 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Count Laszlo
The interior of mine is Acorn/Lunar with light gray cross bar. Love it.

I’ve had black or darker interiors before and find them to show every bit of dirt and dust bits. I’m very happy with the change and it makes the interior feel very bright, very spacious and accommodating if that makes sense.

One thing very interesting about the Defender is its size. In photos it looks mid-size. But once you walk up to it, it’s a beast. It looks mean and all business. I’m amazed at how amazing it is.

Also no funky rattles, squeaks or creaks, no weird QC issues, no flapping A-pilars… it’s absolutely perfect.

Also, the Meridian stereo is fantastic. Plenty of watts and very rich sound.

Man, I’m so happy!
I got lost in this thread and just now rediscovered this. I now see that your interior pics, which I love, have acorn leather. However, I'll be darned if you have the grey powder coat as you say. Don't you have white? Steering wheel, cross bar, and trim look completely white in your pics. Was that a mistake in your post?

Old 08-23-2022, 03:08 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Royalist
Yes I understand it. Ok so…the pictures I provided are LIGHT OYSTER. The top dash by the instrument cluster that lead to the passenger side are LUNAR not Ebony, that’s why it appears grayish. Look at the configurator on the build and price online. Light Oyster comes with Lunar trim not Ebony. I apologize for my crappy screenshots but I wanted to save it before the car was removed because it is sold. The steering wheel has the leather stitching (can barely see it), so automatically that means extended leather pack.
Ok, but that still is strange, because the acorn option is also acorn / lunar. But with oyster, it appears some elements get switched to lunar, but those same elements on the acorn / lunar do not and remain acorn. Furthermore, it seems odd that some elements of the extended leather package (top fascia hoop for example) are lunar, but others, such as on the door, remain oyster.

What happens if I get the extended leather package with Acorn/lunar? Will those be in Windsor leather in lunar like with the oyster option, or windsor leather in acorn? Or something else entirely?

I feel more comfortable with the acorn look, simply because now I worry I don't know how lunar will look with the oyster option. I'm surprised there aren't more pictures of these floating around.

The following users liked this post:
Royalist (08-23-2022)
Old 08-23-2022, 03:29 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 184 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by mzeee
I got lost in this thread and just now rediscovered this. I now see that your interior pics, which I love, have acorn leather. However, I'll be darned if you have the grey powder coat as you say. Don't you have white? Steering wheel, cross bar, and trim look completely white in your pics. Was that a mistake in your post?
My 90 had the standard Light Grey and it looked very white as well, but I think White is even...whiter hah

Old 08-23-2022, 03:36 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 184 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by mzeee
Ok, but that still is strange, because the acorn option is also acorn / lunar. But with oyster, it appears some elements get switched to lunar, but those same elements on the acorn / lunar do not and remain acorn. Furthermore, it seems odd that some elements of the extended leather package (top fascia hoop for example) are lunar, but others, such as on the door, remain oyster.

What happens if I get the extended leather package with Acorn/lunar? Will those be in Windsor leather in lunar like with the oyster option, or windsor leather in acorn? Or something else entirely?

I feel more comfortable with the acorn look, simply because now I worry I don't know how lunar will look with the oyster option. I'm surprised there aren't more pictures of these floating around.
I think colors remain the same regardless of extended leather/premium upgrade interior pack vs standard interior. It's just the Light Oyster w/Lunar has different color configs over the parts of the dash/door/etc., because it's almost white and doesn't wanna be overly white and dirty over time (my thinking). My thing is, if ya want a Light Tan/Beige (and non-Windsor Seats), go Acorn (includes acorn dash parts); if ya want Off-White/Creamy White (With Windsor Leather Seats), go Light Oyster/Lunar but expect dark dash parts (aka Lunar). Extended Leather makes everything leather instead of neoprene and is available on multiple seat material options, and Premium Upgrade Interior Pack adds that plus electronic adjustable steering column and other standard goodies (but only available with Windsor leather and extended leather upgrade obvi). Hope that helps.

The following users liked this post:
mzeee (08-23-2022)
Old 08-24-2022, 06:09 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,342 Likes on 663 Posts

Originally Posted by Royalist
Yes my mother, that better?
Uhh, not really.

The following 2 users liked this post by NoGaBiker:
GavinC (08-24-2022), Royalist (08-28-2022)