Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

D2 Subwoofer Upgrade - Panel Needed - Anyone Interested?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 07:54 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default D2 Subwoofer Upgrade - Panel Needed - Anyone Interested?

I have extensive car audio installation and fabrication experience and I'm looking to build a subwoofer upgrade for the D2 (especially mine) that will delete the right rear storage bin on the passenger side in the rear storage compartment.. if you have a 7 passenger this application won't work for your D2, sorry.

I'm looking for the right rear interior (inner) quarter panel, where the rear storage compartment is on the passenger rear of a D2. Color doesn't matter, but having the storage compartment and all the pieces intact are important. The entire panel is not needed if you have a broken one, as long as the storage compartment area is in tact thats all I need.

I'm willing to buy the panel if you have an extra or willing to send you a free subwoofer enclosure when they are completed in exchange for your panel. If you do the exchange you won't get the panel back as it will become a jig to make more enclosures.

Once I have the panel my objective is to do a DIY thread and walk you through how to build the entire setup yourself, or you can buy the enclosure and install it yourself via the step by step thread on how to upgrade and install and external amp to your factory radio and so on...

If you have the panel or know of a panel let me know. I have looked through a few sources including ebay and had a hard time finding one at a reasonable cost.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

seems like a swing by the salvage yard might be in your future. Or buy one from one of the dismantlers? Folded port or bass reflex design?

Old 06-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
seems like a swing by the salvage yard might be in your future. Or buy one from one of the dismantlers? Folded port or bass reflex design?
Unfortunately I haven't been able to locate any locally that were usable, most dismantlers don't care about interior panels so I have come to find out. These panels are usually trashed of been exposed to the elements and can't be used.

As for the enclosure I was thinking a simple sealed enclosure for an optional 10" or 12" sub, but I will also try a ported design depending on how much air space I have to work with. I'm going at it with the DIY'er in mind so I don't want to over complicate it, just be as simple as possible.

someone just posted about dismantling a D2 in the D2 section, hopefully he PM's me back for the panel..

Last edited by TATZOO; 06-17-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Three Wheeling

I found a panel...

starting the build as soon as I get the panel..

Old 09-27-2012, 03:27 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1

Interested in this as well. Would be nice for those of us that didn't get the sub at all in our DIIs.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Mudding

I'm considering something similar for my D1. How's the project going?

Old 03-17-2013, 03:44 AM
Three Wheeling

I also thought about this. Excited to see your results.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:19 AM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I built one but put it on the left rear side after removing the cargo box. I built mine out of 3/4 plywood and covered it with black leather like vinyl material. I installed a small power amp under the driver's seat, don't remember brand but the guy at Best Buy said it would work with my speaker which is a 12 inch Rockford Fosgate Punch.

Attached Thumbnails D2 Subwoofer Upgrade - Panel Needed - Anyone Interested?-radio-3.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
The_OGCJR (09-14-2019)