Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

An offer I couldn't refuse!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011 | 10:27 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
Go for it, use www.statewidelist.com......
DUDE! Thank you very much! I've been using crazedlist, but that can get pretty tedious sometimes.

Old 10-16-2011 | 12:44 PM
|
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by s10lowrider1994
Unless you can find one that's immaculate I'd just hang onto what you have. I hate to say it but aside from the guys on this forum nobody takes care of Rovers. It's really a mixed bag buying a used one and there are far more out there that are garbage than there are nice ones. The reliable ones that are owned by an enthusiast are rarely up for sale and on the occasion that you find one they are really pricey. You'll probably see 25-30 POS Rovers for every mediocre one on the market. To me it just seems like to much of a risk, at least you know what kind of headache you have now, you never know what someone else is passing on to you.

Good point! I bought my rover from a guy that I met at rally. I think may keep her after all. I always assumed that people took care of thier rover like I do.

Old 10-16-2011 | 06:07 PM
Team Owner

I have said it before and I will say it again, better the devil you know than the one you do not know.

Old 10-16-2011 | 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

I would say that Rovers owned by responsible owners are usually well cared for. But the Disco was and still is a "step above" the common SUV of suburbia, a status symbol. When business was booming, people could afford those leases, or took out wild loans on their home equity, etc. Now we have been in a slump for quite some time, a lot of those guys are making a lot less money, their 401K's have withered away, and wife is at home with the kids. Kinda puts stress on the funds available for dealership service. And not just Rovers, but any high dollar vehicle. A used vehicle is frequently an abused vehicle. No "mechanic in a jar" can make up for the engine life wasted away by long term deferred maintenance.

Old 10-16-2011 | 10:16 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
I would say that Rovers owned by responsible owners are usually well cared for. But the Disco was and still is a "step above" the common SUV of suburbia, a status symbol. When business was booming, people could afford those leases, or took out wild loans on their home equity, etc. Now we have been in a slump for quite some time, a lot of those guys are making a lot less money, their 401K's have withered away, and wife is at home with the kids. Kinda puts stress on the funds available for dealership service. And not just Rovers, but any high dollar vehicle. A used vehicle is frequently an abused vehicle. No "mechanic in a jar" can make up for the engine life wasted away by long term deferred maintenance.
Good point it is pretty sad though that folks will pay so much for a vehicle and trash it. Seems to be the trend for most european vehicles.