Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 03:34 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Replaced passenger side front wheel bearings and installed the passenger side front RoverTracks axle/CV

Old 07-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Normally I wouldn't be bragging about buying brake pads. But, I jumped on RockAuto just now to see how much new front D90 pads would run me for my Disco(I have the conversion).
I ended up buying three sets of pads for $16.95 shipped, TOTAL!! It was some Wholesale Closeout and each set was $2.66. The shipping ran more than the parts, LOL.
These are the same pads I bought. The link on RockAuto is gone because I bought their last three sets.
Bendix MKD671 TitaniuMetallic2 Disc Brake Pad Set : Amazon.com : Automotive Bendix MKD671 TitaniuMetallic2 Disc Brake Pad Set : Amazon.com : Automotive

Old 07-30-2013, 03:25 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally got around to replacing the fuel temp sensor, as have been having difficult hot starts.

Have to say after one trip, does not seem to have obviously cured the problem.

Welcome any advice on what to troubleshoot next.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:07 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finished up the wheel bearings on the driver side and threw in the other Rovertracks axle yesterday. Rechecked the swivel ***** oil level and took it for a little test drive today. Now on to the rears and the diff build.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:24 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile lost drive

hi all iv lost drive on my series 2 its got a disco 200tdi conversion I can get all gears with out putting the clutch in if u know what I meen

Old 07-31-2013, 09:23 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Went wheeling.

Holy BFG

Old 07-31-2013, 09:29 PM
Drifting
Default Junkyard

Went to a local junkyard and it was like Christmas in July. Picked up a load of stuff, new CDL and emergency brake shifter boots, original LR Discovery rubber floor mats front and back , extra fan blade and fan clutch, cargo cover , cross bars for the front roof rack, hydraulic arm for rear step , door sills, window ecu. Going back this weekend to grab the radiator it looks brand new.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:52 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by texasdisco1
Went to a local junkyard and it was like Christmas in July. Picked up a load of stuff, new CDL and emergency brake shifter boots, original LR Discovery rubber floor mats front and back , extra fan blade and fan clutch, cargo cover , cross bars for the front roof rack, hydraulic arm for rear step , door sills, window ecu. Going back this weekend to grab the radiator it looks brand new.
Most discos at the junk have all the parts.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:28 PM
Mudding

Not in 16 yrs (since it was new in 1997) did my Dscvry exterior cargo door ever NOT open! But, today, the metal latch decided that it would be rusted in position; rear cargo door wouldn't budge. Probably because my lawn mower broke down, and it was in the cargo area, and I really needed to open the rear door to get it out ??

I was heading to drop the lawn mower off for repair, but I couldn't open the rear cargo area door . Haha. Oh, well, thanks go to that miracle can of Blaster PB50 and its handy red straw. I stuck the straw up into the latch everywhere it'd reach, and just sprayed! Then, I squeezed the latch a few times to spread the lubricant. It worked like a charm!

I love my Dscvry . It never lets me down. But, I do hate rust . It must be nice to live in Texas.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:42 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by texasdisco1
I am so bl**$@#dy jealous !!!
If I want to go to a Landrover Junk yard it is an 8 hour drive.
Need to pass two border posts and might not get what I am looking for.
Count your blessings guys!!

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?