Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 07:50 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by honda50r
Went wheeling.

Holy BFG
I call BS unless you post pics.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fishEH
I call BS unless you post pics.

Finally got to test the snorkel

Water over the tires, two wheeling, and the sloppiest mud on this face of the planet were encountered.

But don't worry. I hate this thread, as I've already mentioned. I'm going to post up something in an actually appropriate topic lol

Just waiting on some videos to upload and pictures to be sent to me. Blown away by the performance change of Maxxis vs the new BFGs. My camel cut worked flawlessly, so much for a clean rig Ive decided. Need to find a clean DD when the funds allow

Old 08-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found out I have a bad MAF... crap

Old 08-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Motorvated
Found out I have a bad MAF... crap
PM me. I have 2 spares. I will test on my 98 before I sell it to you.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by honda50r
Finally got to test the snorkel

Water over the tires, two wheeling, and the sloppiest mud on this face of the planet were encountered.

But don't worry. I hate this thread, as I've already mentioned. I'm going to post up something in an actually appropriate topic lol

Just waiting on some videos to upload and pictures to be sent to me. Blown away by the performance change of Maxxis vs the new BFGs. My camel cut worked flawlessly, so much for a clean rig Ive decided. Need to find a clean DD when the funds allow

Clean rigs are no fun and way over rated!

Old 08-02-2013, 12:02 PM
3rd Gear
Default front sunroof issues. AARRRRGGH.

Have attempted to fix my front sunroof for the third time. Unsuccessfully, I might add.
It says in the manual I should be able to crank it shut with a hex wrench. That does not work. I'm no 98 pound weakling, but I cannot make it go backwards, forwards, or crank down even with a long hex wrench...
The motor works fine running the glass back and forth, but at the front, will not pull the roof down on it's seal.
I've lubed the tracks, I have lubed the cables that the gear rides against, I have even lowered the edges of the headliner and tightened all the small torx bolts around the perimeter, in case it was an alignment issue. I'm at my wits end. Anybody? Throw me a suggestion, even if it seems an unlikely solution. I'm stumped. The manual is conspicuously silent on this issue. Just tells me how to take it out, but that doesn't seem like a great idea, since it is monsoon season...
Kelly

Old 08-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Pro Wrench

Call Marty(drillbit) or will tillery and get a newer d2 assembly. I got two complete units minus motors from marty for 100 bucks

Old 08-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your problem is that some of the track parts are worn, bent or broken. Virtually every sunroof that's been used has this problem, and new parts are not available.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi all,
Been awhile since I have had the spare time and cash to give the disco a little love.Today
I got a small box of parts in the mail.Changed out all the cruise control vacuum lines.Put in a new updated coolant resevior (had the black one)and dropped the oil pan to clean out the sludge and fix a few leaks. I was surprised to find no sludge at all.Just a little discoloration.Cleaned it up and cleaned the pick up. Reinstalled the pic up with a new gasket and lock tight.I used right stuff on the pan and after a test run no leaks so far.Time will tell.Next will be heads and gaskets.Now it is time for a beer or ten!

Old 08-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Three Wheeling

Got out the hose and ripped out the back seats and rear carpet. Hosed away at them, little tide and a light scrub with brush. All clean and smelling nice. Wait a day or 2 to dry and on to the front seats and carpet.

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?