Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by DubV_Disco
My brother and I, who aren't very mechanically inclined, were able to install my Terrafirma MD 2" Suspension Kit from Roverparts in my 97 Disco. So far the ride feels incredible and looks great. We will see how long these TF's last though. Got free shipping with Roverparts and their customer service was great! Now onto the power steering pump.
Pics or it didn't happen.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:53 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fishEH
Pics or it didn't happen.
Pics for the lift tomorrow, waiting for the GM power steering in the mail.

Just removed the headliner today and a pipe with MJ fell out hahaha

Old 12-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Just got a pair of headlights from a fellow landy owner for $10, she bought some new ones. Nothing wrong with the ones she had, just needed the plastic pc that hold them to the adjusters.

She asked if I could help her with some work. Cleaning 02 sensors, I never heard of that, has anyone here heard of it? If so, how?

She has a 96 disco.

Edit: no need on 02, I sent her the state assistance form. she has check engine light on.

Last edited by Sam95disco; 12-04-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Winching

My brother and I, who aren't very mechanically inclined, were able to install my Terrafirma MD 2" Suspension Kit from Roverparts in my 97 Disco. So far the ride feels incredible and looks great. We will see how long these TF's last though. Got free shipping with Roverparts and their customer service was great! Now onto the power steering pump.
That set is killer, I got the HD one. Must be hell for those guys with big tires and a 2in+ lift to get in their trucks. And I'm tall and I still have to hop a little.

Old 12-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Rover has been running really well lately so I knew something was about to go out...

Worked from home today, thought I would be nice and take my wife lunch, went back out to go home and it would start but not shift out of park. After all sorts of nice words, determined that it was a brake light switch. Called around to several auto parts stores, Rover dealers...can't get me anything until in the morning.

All of this in 5 degree snowy weather wearing a North Face hoodie, jeans and my running shoes. I read somewhere that the Land Rover is the most unreliable reliable vehicle...but I still wouldn't sell it!

Old 12-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Winching

I changed my head lamps to the ones I got today, new bulbs for the quarter lights

Mandy is a Zombie!

Old 12-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Camel Trophy

Pics for the lift tomorrow, waiting for the GM power steering in the mail.

Just removed the headliner today and a pipe with MJ fell out hahaha
GM? S10 pump?

Old 12-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by jamescphillips
The Rover has been running really well lately so I knew something was about to go out...

Worked from home today, thought I would be nice and take my wife lunch, went back out to go home and it would start but not shift out of park. After all sorts of nice words, determined that it was a brake light switch. Called around to several auto parts stores, Rover dealers...can't get me anything until in the morning.

All of this in 5 degree snowy weather wearing a North Face hoodie, jeans and my running shoes. I read somewhere that the Land Rover is the most unreliable reliable vehicle...but I still wouldn't sell it!
Should have used the paperclip trick.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:08 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Got into it with the GF so I was outside today trying to do my swivels and upgrade my rotors and calipers..

Old 12-05-2013, 05:10 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Drove the F out of the snow and Ice

was sub zero here in Denver today and first time I have had the Disco in the snow and ice for an extended period and it does go well.

Attached Thumbnails So what did you do to your Disco today?-junk.jpg  

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?