Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

Rear window ecu, easy fix, there is a tech thread with pics, need to touch a few spots on the board with a solder iron to remelt them

Even poor I think I would gladly pay that for r /r on trans if done right I am ocd on things being reassembled correctly

Old 05-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by denverdisco1
Well the Disco has been kind of iggy for the last month since I bought the Z3 so had to make up.

I see I'm not the only one shopping at hf lol

Same pump in my truck for trail riding tire air up works ok for what it is

Old 05-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TOM R
Rear window ecu, easy fix, there is a tech thread with pics, need to touch a few spots on the board with a solder iron to remelt them

Even poor I think I would gladly pay that for r /r on trans if done right I am ocd on things being reassembled correctly
Wow, that tech tip on jumping the rear window ECU wire looks too easy! Cut the white/pink wire at the connector up top, jump it into the white/green wire down below, and that should do it. Think I'll try that real soon, because I need a small victory to offset this black cloud transmission issue!

Old 05-07-2014, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Here is my q on your trans, I know aamco checked it out, but delayed shift etc on most older trannys usually a detent cable issue, I am sure you checked fluid with trans in neutral there are several plugs on the trans, mine has a plug laying on top of the trans zip tied together guessing it comes apart easy

Old 05-07-2014, 09:13 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by TOM R
Here is my q on your trans, I know aamco checked it out, but delayed shift etc on most older trannys usually a detent cable issue, I am sure you checked fluid with trans in neutral there are several plugs on the trans, mine has a plug laying on top of the trans zip tied together guessing it comes apart easy
I've got two other transmission shops I'm going to take it to, and I'll mention this detent cable thing, and see if they know anything about it. I'm all about going from simple to complex, cheap to expensive, so getting a couple more free diagnosis on the trans shouldn't hurt.

I'm really hoping it won't need a complete rebuild or replacement, because that will put a crimp in my plans to replace the headliner, rear speakers, get some bedliner sprayed on the lower body panels, 2" lift springs and shocks, and 15x8 wheels with 31x10.50 AT tires!

Old 05-07-2014, 11:26 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where are you located. You could probably get a used tranny on the cheap. I know I'd sell the one out of my parts truck pretty cheap

Old 05-08-2014, 06:12 AM
Three Wheeling

I installed the passenger jump seat ,obtained from my friend's disco, last night.
Once I figured out the bracket orientation it didnt take more than a half hour to install.
It's sad that the jumpseat is really nice beige leather and the rest of my seats are nasty beige cloth.
All well. So my kid gets a nicer seat than anyone else. LOL
Powertank and bracket will be mounted this weekend on driver side rear.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:16 AM
Winching
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

that jumpseat is actually in poor shape compared to my other one. now you just have to keep them buckled in so they arent crawling all over you at 65 mph lol

Old 05-08-2014, 06:33 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Woke up at 5:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. Read pretty much all of Lane's truggy build thread on pirate. I have lots of real cool ideas bouncing around in my head!

Old 05-08-2014, 06:48 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by MM3846
that jumpseat is actually in poor shape compared to my other one. now you just have to keep them buckled in so they arent crawling all over you at 65 mph lol
LOL if that seat is in poor shape then my seats are destroyed.
After you sent over the photos if the brackets, it went together fast.
Actually way easier to install than remove.
Thanks again.

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?