Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 11:21 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 225 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by DubV_Disco
Replaced all interior and exterior lights, except headlights, with LEDS. Now I have the fast blinking turn signals, saw a way to fix it but doesn't bother me very much. Also, replaced the inside of the back door with wood. Saw it on ruggedguide's facebook. Mine isnt' as pretty as theirs, but one day it will be.
Originally Posted by TOM R
Heavy duty blinker relay, how brite are the brakes during day? I have not found good ones yet
Blinker Tech!!!
Blinker Tech - DiscoWeb

Made the conversion a couple years ago and no problem. Normal blinkers and normal brakes.
http://smile.amazon.com/Tridon-EP26-...ds=EP-26+relay

Old 12-23-2014, 12:57 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats, it's so rewarding and you don't feel ripped off by the mechanics out there as most charge way too much but not all

Old 12-24-2014, 10:49 AM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fishEH
Blinker Tech!!!
Blinker Tech - DiscoWeb

Made the conversion a couple years ago and no problem. Normal blinkers and normal brakes.
Amazon.com: Tridon EP26 Flasher: Automotive
Thanks! Wasn't thinking about fixing it, but since it's cheap and amazon prime, why not?

Old 12-26-2014, 09:01 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 116 Likes on 101 Posts

Tried to open rear door and it wouldn't open again.!! I pried off the Land Rover emblem, shot it full of WD40, and it now opens. I went ahead and sprayed all the door latches and hinges while I had the stuff in my hands. Anything that would last longer than WD40??

Old 12-28-2014, 05:51 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Busy day today...

Replaced my drag link ends, track rod ends and adjusted swivel pre-load on my '98 D1 today. It would have been a pretty easy job but it was raining and the drag link ends were STUCK. Bent my drag link so I'll be looking for another. The pre-load was much easier than expected. Another thing in the near future will be rebuilding the swivels. There were 3 shims before I started, now 1 on each side.
I had planned on replacing the panhard bushings and install some used Bilstiens I picked up, but by 3 o'clock, I was wet and over it.
On a test drive, the "death wobble" at 65 seems to have been cured, but my steering wheel is askew. Taking a small trip tomorrow, so I don't know if I want to shorten the drag link in the morning or deal with a crooked steering wheel til Wednesday.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:56 AM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

How do you remove the exhaust manifold studs(where it connects to the y-pipe) when they break?

Noticed one side was loose, so I tried to tighten it and the stud broke. I left the other two alone.

Stud - Exhaust Manifold (ERR551 Same Fit As Part # LR009704 ) - Land Rover bolts\clamps\brackets\washers from Atlantic British

Old 12-31-2014, 01:11 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Sam95disco
How do you remove the exhaust manifold studs(where it connects to the y-pipe) when they break?

Noticed one side was loose, so I tried to tighten it and the stud broke. I left the other two alone.

Stud - Exhaust Manifold (ERR551 Same Fit As Part # LR009704 ) - Land Rover bolts\clamps\brackets\washers from Atlantic British
Drill them out and replace with a nut/bolt.

Old 12-31-2014, 05:14 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fishEH
Drill them out and replace with a nut/bolt.
Man the hell with this work, that means I have to remove both manifolds.

I'll just save up for the shop work, I need new cats anyways, smh.

Thanks fish

Old 01-01-2015, 04:37 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed the blinker tech relay, now back to normal blinking speed. Bought some leds off of amazon that people put under their headlights, wired the pair up and stuck them to the ceiling, I now have the brightest dome lights ever. I also wired some to the inside of my hood, in very safe spots, now I can see the engine at night.

My "new" front diff came in a 5 gallon bucket yesterday and the "new" drive shaft should be in tomorrow. I have a 97 with slightly over a 2" lift, I read that the lift could of torn both of these up. When I go to reinstall both is there anything that needs to be different to not have them break again? FYI the new ones coming in are both stock, did not upgrade.

Old 01-01-2015, 08:54 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Sam95disco
Man the hell with this work, that means I have to remove both manifolds.

I'll just save up for the shop work, I need new cats anyways, smh.

Thanks fish
You can drill them in place, I have.

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?