Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 01:22 PM
TReK
Received 417 Likes on 349 Posts

New headliner. They do get dingy looking after 7 years. Not a difficult job, but a pain in the butt for sure. New bungee cord on the overhead nets also makes it look much sharper.

Old 07-04-2018, 01:13 PM
TReK

Front diff oil change.... and cleaned up the breather banjo bolt. My list of things to do is super short at the moment. Time to drive and enjoy!

Old 07-04-2018, 11:03 PM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in the middle of a front brake job/ hub repack/ swivel ball service. Whooo there goes my wallet.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:25 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bwpatton1
I'm in the middle of a front brake job/ hub repack/ swivel ball service. Whooo there goes my wallet.
I have the parts for the same, and I am planning to do the Defender caliper upgrade but just a little intimidated by the thought of having to fabricate the hard line from the caliper to the bracket where the hoses hook up!

Old 07-08-2018, 12:21 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 97 disco tank

New cigarette lighter
Older pic , new pic soon more camo done
Fresh oil change and front pads Sunday am , oh some new vacuum lines also

Old 07-22-2018, 12:18 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Black roof

Originally Posted by jeff spahn
I repainted the roof because the factory paint decided it was time to go on vacation and left. Just boring Universal Black. Has anyone seen a Black Disco with a roof a different color? Up for ideas.
I know it's been quite a while since the original post.
Myself, I wouldn't go with a black roof on anything. Especially considering where I live, the Mojave Desert. Most of the time you want as little heat gain as possible!
Here any dark color is a bad idea. And the Disco I'm dealing with is a darkish green (original color).

Old 07-22-2018, 04:04 PM
Drifting
Default Tan rhino lining

My whole truck was black plastic dip and it sucked in Florida , and was peeling off all over . before I moved back to mo , I almost moved to Moab Utah and was going to go with desert camo job but with rhino lining or whatever brand , camel trophy tan and green match well as my leather is tan and my original color is green

Old 07-26-2018, 06:23 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Time of NO trouble with Bleu is over.

Went out to start Bleu (98 Disco) and battery was too dead for even a click. Ok, this is odd and can't find a reason for it. Put on charger, check in a couple hours and still totally dead. Yank that batt, put new from Deere tractor. One crank and new battery is dead. Ok, this has gone to freakin' odd. Next I pull Interstate out of suburban, put it in, no crank, dead battery. Other things that began at same time, gear shifter will not come out of park. Button goes in but shifter is locked. Later with battery charger on 50amp bump no crank and an odd pop pop, very quiet and only with key in crank position. The no crank and no symptoms has me really worried. Only thing I did in last week was tick front on rock in border of garden next to where I park in back yard. But it had no problems for 3/4 days and now it baffles me. A related issue is a friends 97 Disco did same thing same day. Dead batteries, no crank, shifter stuck in park. Can't imagine they are related but is way coincidental. If ever anyone has had these symptoms and got through to root PLEASE enlighten. Btw, I now have a 97 parts Disco. My buddy said F it. Take it home and loaned his car trailer. Had to borrow a truck since my rover hosed. A second thing is vandalism. Sister has been scarring paint, dimpling metal, breaking various small items. No idea WTF her problem is and decided no more interaction with her till she gets serious and effective help. Also explained if one more vandal thing happens she will need her arm in a cast. On the problems it did sound possible that ECU (main computer on passenger fender) could be making the odd click or pop. It could be wet inside? I have a creek crossing in last 1/2 mile of driveway but it has been very low this year. Sprinklers in garden did soak that side. Thankful I picked up a 91 Toyo MR2 the day before Bleu decided to **** on me.

The battery draining I cannot figure nor find anything that would suck up all the juice from charger and keep battery dead. Did the 3 amigos and the gremlins have offspring. Again, any ideas greatly appreciated. Hmmmm, could Harbor Freight POS charger have turned into auto electric destructor?
Another thing that may be related. The 2 piece shell/collar on steering column had gotten loose and moved around some. I'd noticed ignition switch sticking a bit, PBlaster from can seemed to fix and finding screws to tighten collar seemed to help. Electrics tend to baffle me in cars and I have no skill at troubleshooting with or w/o wiring diagrams. One cell in battery is about 1/2" less liquid but still covering plate. I refilled with the right jug and tried charging again. NG. All 3 batteries used are on 3 diff chargers and I'm hoping Bleu hasn't developed a way to kill batterys. The positive side had developed a thin green coating of corrosion in very few days. Both terminal and cable end. I really hope that Bleu can be fixed. 2 and 1/2 years with it has given me a strong appreciation of the brand. Few days ago a guy parked next to me asks, "Man, that interior is sweet, Cadillac? Hammer did not leave hand nor car ))

Last edited by LstLk2; 07-26-2018 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Add another possible symptom
Old 07-26-2018, 07:40 AM
TReK

Your best bet is to begin a new thread in the D1 section.

This thread is dedicated to "what have you done to your truck lately", which chronicles our collective efforts to keep our trucks on the road and running well. Not really intended for problem solving.

In any case, I'd take a look at the ECU. Your sprinkler may be soaking it and freaking out the circuit boards.

But again, start a new thread and you'll get better answers and more help.

Oh, welcome to the board!

Old 07-26-2018, 08:00 AM
Drifting
Default Start new thread on your disco problem

Waltnyc is right start new thread in discovery 1 section ...Get better answers then but your starter power goes through your headlight switch see if it's burnt and melted , and shifter is also in column I'd start checking wires in there since two problems exist , check your starter cables , ecm wires , maybe lube'n your ignition burnt **** out

Last edited by Disco97ninja; 07-26-2018 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Name wrong lol

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?