Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C help???

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 06:56 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Explorer0863
Hi Jeff - PM sent.
Posting photo of fuselink 4 in engine bay fuseblock. Two wires attached to cold side of fuselink (hot side is directly connected to fuseblock power supply ). Both wires lead to inline fuses adjacent/behind interior fuseblock, one to main a/c blower 30amp inline fuse and other wire to rear a/c blower 25amp inline fuse. One wire of this thickness probably will handle both blowers combined, via a Y, but had plenty of wire, so ran two for overkill. See above post in 2009 for explanation of blower wires. Note factory screw was too big for ring connectors to seat properly. Used a slotted Phillips screw with slightly smaller head for flush seating of rings. Alternate power supply wires for main A/C blower and rear A/C blower. These lead to inline fuses (30amp main, 25amp rear). Wires attached to engine bay 100amp blower fuselink 4, cold side (if fuselink blows, circuit is dead).

The following users liked this post:
Explorer0863 (03-23-2017)
Old 03-23-2017, 07:34 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! Thank you Jeff!

Old 11-12-2023, 07:19 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Darover
Had same thing too and it ended up being the compressor plug-in under the hood that came loose and caused the random. Put the air on and if it ain't working, open the hood and go play with the compressor plug-in. Takes a minute and nothing to loose.
I’m having this issue. I understand the 2 leads to fuses 6&7. Where do I connect the other end of the inline fuse to? Is it to any live 12v?

Old 11-14-2023, 10:55 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00&04 Disco
My 2000 Disco II has had a problem before where the A/c blower turns on and off randomly. It finally turned off and will not come back on. I took the blower out and hard wired it to the battery and it took off and worked so I know it is not the blower. There are two relays that are attached to the side of the blower housing and I disconnected them and connected them and they engaged and disengaged like they were supposed to. Does anyone have an idea of what relay or wiring problem I could have? Has anyone had this problem before. The first time I had this problem was about 4 years ago and my car was still under warrenty and LR replaced the blower and on my way home it turned off so I went back and they did something to make it work and I had not had a problem until lately. But it makes me think the blower was not the problem the first time if it turned off right after they replaced it with a new one. If anyone could give me an idea of where to start it would be greatly appreciatred.
There is a resister to the blower and that is know to go bad as well as the relays.

Last edited by danyjames_9; 11-14-2023 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-15-2023, 11:14 AM
7th Gear

I have had the same issue in the past with the intermittent blower motor. Before you do too much check the ground connection to the right of passenger foot well under plastic cover. I fought with the same problem until my elbow accidentally hit the connection and it moved. Tightened the nut on the ground lug and worked like a charm!