Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D2 Winch Bumper & Lift

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 10:01 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do like that equipe tube bumper. Any knock offs out there? Or other tube options?

Old 09-27-2015, 04:52 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about rte? Quality stuff? Looking at the wide face bumper with brush guard. And the 2" hd lift too.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:48 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 971 Likes on 646 Posts

No knockoffs that I'm aware of, and I've looked all over.

RTE is definitely quality stuff. It would do you good.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 159 Likes on 112 Posts

RTE 3" coils, TF +2 shocks, stock brake lines, ARB up front, AB out back. Brought the ARB for $400 off of a DISCO with a bad transmission, best Craigslist find to date. With a little patience you can find one, it's just a matter of time.

Attached Thumbnails D2 Winch Bumper & Lift-image.png  
Old 09-28-2015, 07:32 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 246 Likes on 231 Posts

RTE makes quality everything. You can't go wrong with RTE.

I'm never concerned that people have the same stuff I do... I'm just not a cheerleader for my choices. I freely tell everyone that I screwed up on my tires (too big and heavy), and they cost more than a bumper. But I'll just throw in my reason for choosing the ARB. Where I live, deer on the road is a concern and the ARB is designed to hit a kangaroo and keep going. It is not a good choice if you spend much time offroad because it hurts your approach angle too much. I'm just more concerned about deer, having hit one before and near missing them more often than I'd like. The looks is a secondary or tertiary concern. I also like to give small cars a visual incentive not to cut me off, but you would be able to do that with any of the bumpers you are considering. You have to assume that whatever bumper you get will be on the truck for life, so don't worry about cost (price is pretty close for all of them) and just get what makes you happy.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:34 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 246 Likes on 231 Posts

RTE makes quality everything. You can't go wrong with RTE.

I'm never concerned that people have the same stuff I do... I'm just not a cheerleader for my choices. I freely tell everyone that I screwed up on my tires (too big and heavy), and they cost more than a bumper. But I'll just throw in my reason for choosing the ARB. Where I live, deer on the road is a concern and the ARB is designed to hit a kangaroo and keep going. It is not a good choice if you spend much time offroad because it hurts your approach angle too much. I'm just more concerned about deer, having hit one before and near missing them more often than I'd like. The looks is a secondary or tertiary concern. I also like to give small cars a visual incentive not to cut me off, but you would be able to do that with any of the bumpers you are considering. You have to assume that whatever bumper you get will be on the truck for life, so don't worry about cost (price is pretty close for all of them) and just get what makes you happy.

If I'd known I would still have my Disco 16 years later, I would have put the lift, bumper, and everyone else on it day one, or gotten a range rover.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:15 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

if you like tube stuff look on the otherside of the pond, they run a lot of tube stuff. try looking someplace like mm-4x4.com