Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low speed vibration/shudder

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 11:25 AM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my guy looking at it tonight. I will update with what we find. THANKS!

Old 04-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Winching
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Domrockstar
I have my guy looking at it tonight. I will update with what we find. THANKS!
Any news? Ive always had this a little and o rebuilt driveshaft and it is still there mostly when car is cold. . And mostly around 35mph and around 70 ... Accelerating i dont feel it.. Its mostly when cruising at those speeds... Another thing is, if accelerating and letting off gas and accelerating... Sometimes i hear a chklunk but not all the time and not really hard... For some reason the feeling is in pedal and steering wheel slightly shakes but you cant see it... Just feel it... I get a feeling drivers front always feels like a vibration which could be another problem or just a sympathetic vibration? With headlights on, i get the 4 amigos especially when signaling to left.... Strange!

Old 04-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by dparham
Any news? Ive always had this a little and o rebuilt driveshaft and it is still there mostly when car is cold. . And mostly around 35mph and around 70 ... Accelerating i dont feel it.. Its mostly when cruising at those speeds... Another thing is, if accelerating and letting off gas and accelerating... Sometimes i hear a chklunk but not all the time and not really hard... For some reason the feeling is in pedal and steering wheel slightly shakes but you cant see it... Just feel it... I get a feeling drivers front always feels like a vibration which could be another problem or just a sympathetic vibration? With headlights on, i get the 4 amigos especially when signaling to left.... Strange!
Im replying to my own thread but i think this seems like transfer case but i dont have a reader for drivetrain , anyone close to me who could help? ( west Palm Beach, FL)

Last edited by dparham; 04-06-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:40 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI mine turned out to be cupped tires (treadwright).

Old 04-08-2013, 10:48 AM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My mechanic said it could be a bunch of different things, he's most concerned with the rear differential. But because it doesn't happen all the time he couldn't diagnose it yet.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:31 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by Domrockstar
My mechanic said it could be a bunch of different things, he's most concerned with the rear differential. But because it doesn't happen all the time he couldn't diagnose it yet.
this is totally stupid Im sure but if the rear main seal is leaking can it fill up the bell housing and make it run odd? maybe Ill remove that inspection plate and 3 qts of oil drain out all over the place!? lol then it start running smoother?

Old 04-11-2013, 07:33 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

no wouldn't happen "rear main seal is leaking can it fill up the bell housing"

Old 04-11-2013, 07:48 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by drowssap
no wouldn't happen "rear main seal is leaking can it fill up the bell housing"
Ok... I didnt think so but havent parted an engine in about 15 years... Lol im starting to wonder ( i know these may seem off) if i have a stopped up Cat (p0430) making it rumble and seem like driveline... I changed all fluids in the major service and all synthetic and all looked ok... I do think i have either a oil pan gasket leak or oil cover, main front seal leak(tightened all valve covers and seems oil on oil pan but not too oily upwards... Some oil behind waterpump or wet grime but no smell of coolant and no puddles oil on ground and ac drippins and drive shaft clean ... One of those or all lol... But i did have a blowout of the passenger side ypipe manifold gasket... Maybe too much pressure from a blocked cat (430 passenger side?) ... And maybe thats why i pull no codes but 430 and engine idle a little rumbly so when driving the slight hesitstiom either confuses tranny or just i feel like its loose when its not? At this point im just guessing but its really P O ing me off lol

Last edited by dparham; 04-11-2013 at 07:51 AM.