Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help fast deep water

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Russdouble,
If it's any consolation I have a home made cold air intake with a Universal K&N cone filter on the end pipe. I clean and very lighty oil it each oil change. I mean mist it only on the outside, not turning the cotton material dark red. It's been installed for about 1.5 years now. I have a spare genuine Bosch MAF in my parts box. It's like Murphy's law if you have the spare part on hand it will never go bad. Most folks on here will dog K&N filters but I bet less than 1% have them under the hood. Maybe it has to do with oil being sucked through the flat filters too easily. My air box is removed and the CAI looks like a standard cold air intake setup. My accerlation is snappy and the air temp to the motor is reduced by 30 to 50 degrees. However in fair forewarning: I would NOT recommend this setup for eveyone unless you are willing to risk a $249 MAF sensor. Mine has been fine but we all know similar spark plug brands are hit or miss depending on the Discovery they are installed in.

Attached Thumbnails need help fast deep water-dsc09502.jpg  

Last edited by bosshogt; 12-07-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:59 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bosshogt
Russdouble,
If it's any consolation I have a home made cold air intake with a Universal K&N cone filter on the end pipe. I clean and very lighty oil it each oil change. I mean mist it only on the outside, not turning the cotton material dark red. It's been installed for about 1.5 years now. I have a spare genuine Bosch MAF in my parts box. It's like Murphy's law if you have the spare part on hand it will never go bad. Most folks on here will dog K&N filters but I bet less than 1% have them under the hood. Maybe it has to do with oil being sucked through the flat filters too easily. My air box is removed and the CAI looks like a standard cold air intake setup. My accerlation is snappy and the air temp to the motor is reduced by 30 to 50 degrees. However in fair forewarning: I would NOT recommend this setup for eveyone unless you are willing to risk a $249 MAF sensor. Mine has been fine but we all know similar spark plug brands are hit or miss depending on the Discovery they are installed in.
looks nice, and if it works for you then by all means keep running it. I put my k&n in and we will wait and see. again if i need to replace the maf oh well.