Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Heat

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018 | 09:24 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Best4x4
Actually it's not like that. I don't have 5 personal LR's in case one breaks I just jump into another one. They're all configured differently, and I drive the 99 D2 the most, my 02 Kalahari second, my wife uses the LR3 as her D/D, and the 04 D2 with it's low oil pressure issue isn't going anywhere until I resolve that issue (bought it that way). The 5th and final D2 is my parts truck and it does run, however it has some body damage and it's parts only at this time. I might get a while hair to chop it all up and make a LR Rock buggy, or just sell it as scrap once all the parts are gone.

I would buy another...in fact, I am looking at buying another for the spring, mine is getting up in miles, 221,000 and although its been a good ride, I'd rather get something with less miles so I can beat my head over a rock fixing the head gaskets, front driveshaft, and the horrendous gas mileage.

I would like to find a Kalahari...Orange.

Old 01-04-2018 | 09:44 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Best4x4
Happy New Year, actually it's not like that. I don't have 5 personal LR's in case one breaks I just jump into another one. They're all configured differently, and I drive the 99 D2 the most, my 02 Kalahari second, my wife uses the LR3 as her D/D, and the 04 D2 with it's low oil pressure issue isn't going anywhere until I resolve that issue (bought it that way). The 5th and final D2 is my parts truck and it does run, however it has some body damage and it's parts only at this time. I might get a while hair to chop it all up and make a LR Rock buggy, or just sell it as scrap once all the parts are gone.

None of mine do as I live in TX, and our mild winters are nothing vs the extreme heat during the summer. All bypassed with a nice steady flow from the intake to the reservoir via a 5/16 coolant hose with a protective Kingsborne Black Spark Plug boot cover over it protecting it from the exhaust manifold heat.

On a stock setup yep & it causes all kinds of "bubbles" especially when they leak like they do 95% of the time.

So yours leave the intake nipple and goes to the same hole in the overflow bottle?

Old 01-04-2018 | 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Yep I didn't block them with bolts I re-routed it completely. Decent flow comes out of it since it's coming directly from the intake manifold.