Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SRS light fix?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 04:19 PM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mln01
Here are screenshots. The circuit diagram shows the circuit going through connector C0047, and the electrical library shows C0047 among others on the left-hand side of the steering column. From there it goes to C0233, which is one of the two big connectors at the back of the instrument cluster.

But like you, I don't understand why you get a code for a light circuit when the light circuit clearly works. Perhaps there's an electrical wizard reading this who will have an idea or two.
Thanks for the screen shots, I just referred to the electrical diagrams and I must have missed that page with the connector details. I cant say I cleaned and checked the C0047 connector.

Im wondering if maybe there is some sort of fail safe where if the warning lamp circuit is damaged that it will have a back up to continue the circuit. I just got back from a 2 hour drive from the swamps of Florida brining home the three amigos with me of course. Looks like Ill be replacing the front wheel bearings now. Ill unplug the battery tonight and check and clean those connectors in the morning.
If that doesn't work I really hope the clock spring fixes this, otherwise like you said Im going to need an electrical wizard to coach me through this one.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:35 AM
Mudding

I checked all the connectors under the dash and behind the instrument cluster, cleaned them and reconnected. Reset the code and its still there. If after changing the clock spring and it doesn't fix the problem Im really going to need some guidance to resolving this. Im stumped. Could the DCU be bad and causing a false code?

Old 07-01-2018, 10:30 AM
Mudding

Clock spring didn't do it, there must be some sort of short in the warning lamp wiring. Not looking forward to ripping the dash apart. Might just wait to tackle the issue until I have to get into the dash for something else. Also the volume down button on the steering wheel control didn't get fixed after I replaced the clock spring and new controls. Im assuming it is going to be an issue with the radio control harness. If anyone has an idea other than a short in the wire that would cause this problem feel free to chime in. I also bought a new DCU and might throw that in to see if the problem is there.