Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Various considerations with trail driving

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your first, best 'upgrade' should be an experienced spotter. Someone who knows LRs and knows the trail you're on, or at least trails in general.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by oilspotLR
You could of easily done yankee boy basin. Did you open your owners manual and look at your approach, departure, and break over angles? Have you looked at where your differentials are on the axle? Thats always the first place to start before renting a jeep and wanting to throw a bunch of accessories at it without even knowing what you got first.
I understand the point you are trying to make. Reading the manual is alway a good idea.

BUT

You sound grumpy. Chear up.

I could of known my car inside out but if I have no idea what the trail clasifications mean then that still would have been insufficiant. Renting the jeep was the safest way for me to try it out. Got to ask the guy at the rental place about what trails I could try etc... I was literally there for three days.

Maybe I am in a weird place but wanting to make a few modifications to my truck hardly seems like throwing a bunch of accessories at it. Maybe I have been in my cubicle way too much. Very possible.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:25 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by javven
Your first, best 'upgrade' should be an experienced spotter. Someone who knows LRs and knows the trail you're on, or at least trails in general.
I thought spotters were for spotting the store that sells the beer.

But yes. I need to spend some time with people that do trails. I tend to learn best that way.