Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 12:19 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by potxoli
Installed my sons spare tire cover xmas gift that we found out about in this forum

I see you found my design

Old 12-29-2013, 07:13 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Ordered tree sliders (Terrafirma) & replaced the cruise control vac line. The bad part, discovered I have a coolant leak, it's running down pass side of the block near the trans. I replaced the valley gasket in August. Its a very slow leak.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:00 AM
Mudding
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
I see you found my design
Yes it is a great design. I ordered it for him as a xmas gift.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:07 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ok I give where's the design

ok I give where's the design

UOTE=potxoli;437411]Yes it is a great design. I ordered it for him as a xmas gift.[/QUOTE]

Old 12-29-2013, 09:35 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sstevensonm
ok I give where's the design

UOTE=potxoli;437411]Yes it is a great design. I ordered it for him as a xmas gift.
[/QUOTE]

Here you go.

KEEP CALM, ROVER ON, ROVER, KEEP CALM ROVER ON, TIRE COVER - Rovers North - Classic Land Rover Parts&

Old 12-29-2013, 03:30 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Finally motivated myself enough to go outside in the cold to work on my Disco. Today I changed the transmission fluid and filter successfully. I was so worried about it and assumed the fluid would be so dark and dirty but turns out the fluid was red. As it was draining into the pain I could almost see right through it! When I removed the pan and examined it I was impressed because there was only a very small amount of buildup, and the magnet is still there! Sometimes people forget to put the magnets back in so clearly the previous mechanics who worked on my truck (Land Rover Dealership) took good care of her and did the job correctly. I went through all the gears starting with park and down to 1st and back to park, several times before adding more fluid and finally taking her for a test drive. So far so good.

While I was down there I noticed that my silencer (muffler) has a air leak along the fold weld line that runs horizontal of the muffler. I think this could be the fault triggering some of my recent codes. Probably have DAP enterprise install the new muffler in couple weeks. Next weekend I hope to tackle the transfer case and get that up to date. Im almost due for another oil change to, cant wait because I plan on dropping the pan and replacing the oil pan gasket and doing a engine flush.

Organized my cargo bay, cleaned it up and took out all the trash I had in there. Incredible how quickly trash builds up in your vehicle!

Old 01-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

covered a small small % of my off road wounds with checker plate. did not cover much but i like it
at least, i hear that "chicks dig scars"
plates came from island 4x4

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-dsc_5395.jpg  
Old 01-01-2014, 11:00 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mounted some Grabbers, and went for a drive tonight west of Albuquerque...

See more photos at www.facebook.com/RJPhotographyNM

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-_mg_0598watermarkscaled.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-_mg_0583watermark-copy.jpg  
Old 01-02-2014, 07:29 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rebuilt master cylinder. Installed SS brake lines and flushed old fluid on two trucks. Old brake fluid looked like 10k mile 15w50 rotella t when it came out.
Very simple job. Just messy

Old 01-02-2014, 08:54 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
covered a small small % of my off road wounds with checker plate. did not cover much but i like it
at least, i hear that "chicks dig scars"
plates came from island 4x4
I especially like the left side of that image......when are you going to mount them!?

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?