Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by detroitmike
I opened the passenger side door and grabbed my umbrella from the floor board. It was raining this morning and I didn't want to get soaked while walking to the bus stop.
well, how are your carpets going to protect themselves from leaking roof? that's just mean

Old 05-08-2014, 09:10 AM
Winching
Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

leaking roof...gorilla tape (until you get a chance to fix it properly) ask me how I know...

Old 05-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperSport
Ouch! Sounds like you've been dumped by your Disco...
Indeed, I have an intermittent misfire that I'm working to correct. I've done the wires and plugs, and will be replacing the coil soon.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by dusty1
well, how are your carpets going to protect themselves from leaking roof? that's just mean
HAHA! Fortunately, the only leak I have is at the tailgate. I'll likely just add some silicone to the weather stripping in the near future.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:45 AM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Indeed, I have an intermittent misfire that I'm working to correct. I've done the wires and plugs, and will be replacing the coil soon.
02 Sensor fixed mine.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:48 AM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

HAHA! Fortunately, the only leak I have is at the tailgate. I'll likely just add some silicone to the weather stripping in the near future.
have you tried adjusting the striker plate on the body? i did.. solved the issue. for now. lol

Old 05-09-2014, 07:55 AM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by drowssap
ThisRoverGuy

any links to the product or directions
This is the item I actually purchased. However, for anyone who finds this post in the future, a simple search on eBay for "Land Rover Discovery Aux" should find something for you.

As you can see in the picture, it's just a simple box that Pumps in sound from an Aux source, and I think it spoofs the head unit into thinking its playing a CD as well.

The wire harness with two red plugs and a black plug is impossible to screw up. (it all fits one way only). Black plug goes to converter box and male red goes to back of head unit. Although the existing CD changer plug will fit into the female red plug for the converter harness, I don't think it's of any effect. The instructions had install directions for other vehicles, so it might serve a purpose in those models. I'm basing this on the fact that the seller says "CD Changer cannot be connected at the same time." I plugged my existing CD Changer wire into the female portion of the wiring harness, and it didn't hurt anything.

And then, of course, the converter box has RCA inputs and they give you a wire to convert 3.5mm to RCA. One annoying part about that cable is that it is short and terminates in a 3.5mm male end. So stop by radioshack, or whereever and pick up either a 3.5mm extension cable or a 3.5mm coupler so that the wire terminates in a female connection, so that you could plug in a Bluetooth, hands free device.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:38 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ThisRoverGuy
This is the item I actually purchased. However, for anyone who finds this post in the future, a simple search on eBay for "Land Rover Discovery Aux" should find something for you.

As you can see in the picture, it's just a simple box that Pumps in sound from an Aux source, and I think it spoofs the head unit into thinking its playing a CD as well.

The wire harness with two red plugs and a black plug is impossible to screw up. (it all fits one way only). Black plug goes to converter box and male red goes to back of head unit. Although the existing CD changer plug will fit into the female red plug for the converter harness, I don't think it's of any effect. The instructions had install directions for other vehicles, so it might serve a purpose in those models. I'm basing this on the fact that the seller says "CD Changer cannot be connected at the same time." I plugged my existing CD Changer wire into the female portion of the wiring harness, and it didn't hurt anything.

And then, of course, the converter box has RCA inputs and they give you a wire to convert 3.5mm to RCA. One annoying part about that cable is that it is short and terminates in a 3.5mm male end. So stop by radioshack, or whereever and pick up either a 3.5mm extension cable or a 3.5mm coupler so that the wire terminates in a female connection, so that you could plug in a Bluetooth, hands free device.
Great item. If I knew my radio code I would get one of these! But since it requires removing power to the unit, I would be dead in the water afterward. Unless you can disable the code entry without knowing the code...

Old 05-09-2014, 09:46 AM
4wd Low
Default Who needs a diesel?

Drug a 2500 had around the parking lot with my d2 this morning!😂

Old 05-09-2014, 10:18 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by zeroone
have you tried adjusting the striker plate on the body? i did.. solved the issue. for now. lol

I haven't! But you can bet I'll be doing that tonight! Thanks for the tip, I didn't even consider that.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?