Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmiccharlie
Started building storage drawers!
Why wouldn't you make them the same width as the floor? That's a lot of wasted space right there.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:32 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes, but if they were as wide as the floor the right drawer wouldn't open because it would hit the pocket on the door. I am using the D-rings in the floor as anchor points for the drawers. Also I am planning on running air lines in the void on the right side once I install a compressor. And I possibly will use the void on the left side for an inverter and AC power.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:07 PM
Winching
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

2001 to 03-04 Headlamp Conversion and replaced bumper cover.

Name:  oldnew_zps91199eb9.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  106.3 KB

Last edited by caymandrew; 06-30-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:49 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Yes, but if they were as wide as the floor the right drawer wouldn't open because it would hit the pocket on the door. I am using the D-rings in the floor as anchor points for the drawers. Also I am planning on running air lines in the void on the right side once I install a compressor. And I possibly will use the void on the left side for an inverter and AC power.
No, it would still open just fine. It only makes sense however if you do use the empty spaces for an inverter and such, but even then you should make the top of the box wide enough to hide all of it.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

You could cut your top piece to fill in the void. If you have the rubber cargo mat you could use that as your pattern. Then put the piece that covers the pocket doors on hinges.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:38 AM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

On Saturday I went on a beach run east of Galveston with a couple of members of the Houston Land Rover Club. The event was a last minute one so there were only 3 of us motoring down the beach along old highway 87 that was abandoned several years ago after a hurricane washed it away. Not a major 4 wheel drive outing but it was fun especially since Houston was coping with record heat and humidity with temps over 100; at least being near the water was cooler. Came across a couple of fishermen who had landed a huge sting ray that they fought for an hour and a half before getting it up on the beach.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-beach-1.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-beach-2.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-beach-3.jpg  
Old 07-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

That's big enough to have eaten Steve Irwin!

Changed the CPS. Would it really have been so hard for LR to have made the wire harness a couple inches longer on that one???

Old 07-01-2013, 09:50 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I changed the drivers door inner handle. The old one had cracks on both side so most of the time you would pull the lever and the door wouldn't open. It is nice to be able to get out whenever I want.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandrew
2001 to 03-04 Headlamp Conversion and replaced bumper cover.

Very nice!!!

Old 07-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by Zonk872
I converted to LED light bulbs years ago. I guess I have had luck with mine. I did the three interior dome lights and rear license plate. I made it a point to save the vendor on my EBay account and to buy a double order for spare bulbs.
Zonk,

I kept the interior ones... they work great. But I also bought for the front and back turn signals, and the entire rear. I was planning to put resistors in to make everything flash and work right, but the lights just weren't bright enough. Compared to the plain old bulbs, they were dim.

If you do major surgery on the reflectors in each pod you can put flat panel LED's in them, but I wouldn't want to risk ruining them, so back to regular bulbs. Sigh.

Best,

Charlie V

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?