Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 09:08 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreamingLife
I let the urge for a roof rack get the best of me. I am working on getting the lights shortly.
What tires and lift are you using? I like your setup.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:11 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

I let the urge for a roof rack get the best of me. I am working on getting the lights shortly.
Look good man, I hope you didn't pay full price though!

Old 07-03-2014, 09:58 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Outstanding! I have the bug myself. Have been keeping my eyes open, looking for a used rack-but no luck so far. Looks like I'll be trying to explain away $1200.00 to Wifie here shortly

Old 07-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ckadventure
Outstanding! I have the bug myself. Have been keeping my eyes open, looking for a used rack-but no luck so far. Looks like I'll be trying to explain away $1200.00 to Wifie here shortly
There was recently one for sale in CT, as well as CO, CA, and HI.... I browse Craigslist too much.

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
Look good man, I hope you didn't pay full price though!
I paid full price for the rack, but got some goodies from Voyager and paid a pittance more than what I paid you for shipping on my last order!

Old 07-05-2014, 06:20 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was recently one for sale in CT, as well as CO, CA, and HI.... I browse Craigslist too much.

I paid full price for the rack, but got some goodies from Voyager and paid a pittance more than what I paid you for shipping on my last order!
I have a safari type roof rack and or original Land Rover ladder on my 2000 Disco 2 and I may be wanting sell it very soon but I live in Massachusetts and have no idea how to ship it. Also might want to either sell the truck or part it out if I cannot resolve my current no heat issue....

If you know anything about shipping or live near Massachusetts I can get pictures.

Old 07-05-2014, 05:14 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by mattmo78
What tires and lift are you using? I like your setup.
The tires are 285/75R16 BFG Mud Terrains. I originally wanted 255/85R16, but due to the cost to acquire them plus shipping onto the island was about 100 bucks a tire more.

The lift is a hodgepodge of TerraFirma, ToddCo, L8, and soon to add RTE and Fox Shox. Its about 4 inches, with the rack now its closer to 3.5 to 3.75...

Old 07-06-2014, 10:58 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Seamus
I have a safari type roof rack and or original Land Rover ladder on my 2000 Disco 2 and I may be wanting sell it very soon but I live in Massachusetts and have no idea how to ship it. Also might want to either sell the truck or part it out if I cannot resolve my current no heat issue....

If you know anything about shipping or live near Massachusetts I can get pictures.
I live in Florida & have no earthly idea what shipping charges would cost from Mass or who would even ship a rack that big (what carrier) I know that a couple of the company's that are producing the racks charge around $160-$200 for shipping, but not sure who they go through.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Flushed my coolant today & installed a 180degree tstat. So far so good. My old one was stuck open so I'm actually running a bit hotter now, 185 to 198 on the 3.5 hour ride home today with AC on. Still running dexcool, my first time dealing with cooling system and didn't want to try too much.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:07 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I tried not to junk it!

I'm in a tad bit of a desperate position right now. Today, I changed the tranny fluid and filter. It was dirty brown, no noticeable chunks, but a fair amount of fine black metal on the magnet. I changed it because I'm stuck in what seems to be N. No D, 1, 2, 3 -- but can R. Occasionally, if I rev up, it will throw the SM blinking lights. Freaked out, as I am out of state and limited on funds. The one good thing is I am at a friends and he has a lift and tools. No idea how to help, but at least I can work on the Disco 2 (mine is 2002 w 145K). I have read forum posts here for two days straight. Seriously, for HOURS. Disco Mike seems like one of THE guys to talk to. But, any help, from anyone, would be wonderful. Stranded here and would love to get home.

Here's the backstory (forgive me, I've posted a few places to try to see if I can attract some help. I hope I haven't made any forum social mistakes in doing so).

I have a Disco II, 145K, 2002.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I've been reading on this problem and others I am having for several days. Wish I would have joined sooner so I could PM folks like Disco Mike (wow man, you're a wealth of information here!!! Thanks!!!).

I have the flashing SM. Broke down out of state right now, but have a friend with a lift letting me use his shop. Only able to move in R. NO forward at all, though after chancing out the tranny filter/fluid, which was dark brown and smelled mildly brown, I got VERY minor forward movement -- for a second. Then, bang back into limp with no limp... just R.

Crazy.

I'm getting this code and found the sensor, but nobody carries it to replace it here. Gonna call a dealer (about 30 min away) to see if they have one.

This all started a week ago in VA. Driving along, towing some steel on a trailer, and the water pump goes. Belt flies off. I replace both in hotel parking lot. Hear hard shift and suddenly can't go forward. Just R.

Buddy on phone tells me to disconnect Bat, turn on key, and then in 10 min reconnect. I do. It SLLLLOOOOWWWWLLLLY starts to go forward in D, then, runs normally again and all seems fine. A week later, I'm running around Philly on the 4th of July, and I feel it not, well, feel right. Stop at a light and nothing. It's all gone again. SM blinking, and R only again.

I've read for two days solid. And I mean, for hours and hours on every forum link I can find. Really could use some solid advice. I'm at a total loss and don't have enough funds in bank to get a new tranny. Hopping it's electrical and there's some way I can limp home a few states awat with an empty trailer and sit her back in the garage. Bad situation to be in. Limited funds, but a bit of time and some tools on my hands.

Thanks in advance. You guys at this forum all rock; I'm so glad I've found it.

Best,

James
Boots on the Ground | Waging Peace one Person at a Time

Old 07-07-2014, 06:16 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by weepit
Flushed my coolant today & installed a 180degree tstat. So far so good. My old one was stuck open so I'm actually running a bit hotter now, 185 to 198 on the 3.5 hour ride home today with AC on. Still running dexcool, my first time dealing with cooling system and didn't want to try too much.
Get that dexcool out. If you could change the thermostat, flushing coolant is just as easy.

One tip, be VERY careful with the bleeding process. It is easy, but make sure the brittle, hard-plastic hoses coming off the reservoir are unclipped if you're moving the reservoir. Treat them with extreme care.

Alternatively, break them and replace with fuel injector hose and never worry about it again!

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?