Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 02:49 AM
Winching
Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
also took my tranny jack out of the back, as well as my big tool box, because Nancy....I mean Juan, balked on the t-case swap. . .
sadly, we will need to tackle this another day. When the woman gives you that one look- you just have to go with the flow till the storm passes.
(btw the damn jeep already needs a rad swap so she is driving the d2 again and she is not happy)

Today i rebuilt the brake calipers that Tarheel rovers sent- they didnt need it but since i had already ordered parts why not.

also you can tell which one i did first and had a learning curve....

Old 08-27-2014, 12:36 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by G150driver
I think you have a motivational problem here.

Since the new ones didn't come with hardware, don't have too many beers at Little Fleet and drop it!

Good luck. We're all counting on you. M-22 and all that.

lol... motivation.. ya think?

I'll do it tonight - thanks for the helpful push. Salida, eh? My 'fun' Uncle lives in Salida - has a hotel there (not a 4 star by any means..). He always had such cool stories for us when we were growing up - the aimless wanderer canvasing the world. We never knew if he was living under a rock in Hawaii and using swinging vines as his mode of transportation or if he was in the Yukon hiking. I saw him last summer at the family cottage and he told us a story of how he just got back from sailing with friends in the Caribbean. Apparently they were in some backwaters last year and they decided that it was time to rest. They pulled into a little cove in the middle of nowhere and settled down for a nap. His friends went down into the cabin and he was to sleep on deck. Just as he was about to drift off he heard a knock knock knock on the hull. He groggily looked up and saw a 'pineapple headed' man standing on the boat (apparently his hair was up in the air and looking very wild) to which my uncle yelled 'Pirates!' (there had been stories of hijackings in that area). The man's calmly replied 'no.. my name is Harry. I have come to see if you would like some lobsters.'

'Oh - what a pleasant surprise'.

Harry left and came back with a load of beautiful lobsters for purchase and then invited everyone on the boat back to his 'homestead'. It consisted of a hut on stilts with a barren sand floor tucked within some palm trees and it was Harry's castle. They all had an enjoyable evening and admired the beauty around them.

Kind of like this forum - and M22

Old 08-27-2014, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

replaced my rack lights with some leds. they are not very attractive, but i am pretty sure that I am signaling ships at sea and I live in dallas.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:53 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1morethanyou
sadly, we will need to tackle this another day. When the woman gives you that one look- you just have to go with the flow till the storm passes.
(btw the damn jeep already needs a rad swap so she is driving the d2 again and she is not happy)

Today i rebuilt the brake calipers that Tarheel rovers sent- they didnt need it but since i had already ordered parts why not.

also you can tell which one i did first and had a learning curve....

Yep I know that look as I receive it regularly, the "is that really necessary" dismissive stare. Ironically, I've got caliper rebuild kits in the garage for both the D2 and Pajero so I've got to pick the 'right' moment to start on that project ......... I've also got new TF SS brake pipes to install I'll tell her the existing hoses are a 'safety hazard' ..........

Old 08-27-2014, 03:55 PM

replaced my rack lights with some leds. they are not very attractive, but i am pretty sure that I am signaling ships at sea and I live in dallas.
Dem be brite lites mon.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

yep. i am going to mount a big magnifying glass on the hood and do double duty as an exterminator.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Come on KD buck up, you're one of us, an LR clone and an engineer to boot. You can do it - it's 'simples' Alexander The Meerkat - Simples - YouTube

Thank you Offroad, I didn't see your post earlier! Did someone say Engineer? Toot toot!

Old 08-27-2014, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
Thank you Offroad, I didn't see your post earlier! Did someone say Engineer? Toot toot!

I think I can, I think I can- the Little Engine that Could - YouTube

Excellent just one adjustment to make 'of course you can'

Think Barnes Wallis and Isambard Kingdom Brunel ................ they had doubts and many disbelievers ................ but they did it ........... and in style

Racing motto:- Never give up as they often want you to.

Coming 2nd is the first of the losers. .................. failure is not an option.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:59 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL !! Who needs pretty when you are blinding them anyways

Oh yea.... this thread is KING !!

Old 08-27-2014, 11:14 PM
Winching
Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

i need to swap the tcase so i can have 4 low and flex some more!

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?