Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 10:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

finished the bumper, roof rack or rear bumper next weekend.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-danesd2bumper.jpg  
Old 04-19-2014, 10:53 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Damn that's a terrible picture... I guess its good considering how destroyed my phone is though

Last edited by Dane!; 04-19-2014 at 11:02 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:24 PM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks pretty good. Like the red rover in the background. Wish mine was red.. or blue. Chawton white would have been nice. stupid zambezi silver. Lol

Old 04-19-2014, 11:25 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by SuperSport
That looks great. My rubber mat is still good, but I'm noticing wear on the brake boot. Time to change those out. I like yours, nice look with the stitching.

Thanks! Cheap on ebay. Nice thick leather too. Thought the stitching would add a nice detail.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:25 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I adjusted the parking brake today. It has to be one of the most simple repairs to do on this vehicle and it made a big difference.

Here are the instructions from the RAVE.How to Adjust the parking brake.pdf

As easy as:

1) lift rear tires off the ground.

2) tighten the bolt on the brake drum all the way (until the brake drum cant be moved by hand.)

3) make a mark on the bolt and back it out 1.5 turns (the brake drum should move easy by hand)

DONE!

The parking brake should only need 3 clicks to be fully engaged. When I engage the parking brake now there is absolutely no movement in the truck when I let off the foot brake. I can clearly tell the difference from before and after and I wouldn't be surprised if the brake had never been adjusted since new.

All I had to do was tighten up the brake shoes. If you tighten the shoes and the parking brake still doesn't hold position then you may need to adjust the cable.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:23 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Dane!
finished the bumper, roof rack or rear bumper next weekend.
Looks good. What bumper is that? Looks to have good clearance. Which makes me wonder if you had to relocate your windshield reservoir.

Edit: NM on the reservoir question. I can see it peeking out. Wouldn't bother me enough to worry about relocating; especially because the Rover is white.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:28 PM
Winching
Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

i took it offroad this weekend, went hog hunting but came back empty. i need new tires and lift asap!

Old 04-21-2014, 01:01 PM
Rock Crawling

Got to do a little off road exploring this past weekend.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-photo-2.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-photo-3.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-photo.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-photo-4.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-photo-1.jpg  

Old 04-21-2014, 02:42 PM
Winching
Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

installed TF shocks and steering damper. the old shocks looked original, and rode like it. gained about 1" of height, will need new springs, she's still a little low. much smoother, firmer ride and a lot less float in the steering.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:29 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Changed front axle seals and the 3rd member yesterday/today.

The diff that I changed was pretty bad, the pinion gear was cutting into the ring gear pretty bad, and the contact point was about a quarter inch on the outer part of the ring gear. If I had let it go it would have definitely sheared the ring gear.

Found my vibes were from my brand new front driveshaft, the joint on the diff end is binding, looks like it was pressed in incorrectly. I'm just going to buy a new joint and press it in myself, instead of returning it.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?