Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Jared9220
I ordered a new drive shaft from Lucky8 while they are only $228, and I also ordered an HD U-Joint ($34) to rebuild the rear from them also.

Holy Cow!! I went over 1,000 posts and didn't even know it.

Lets see. I joined Jan-16 2012; 927days ago; So that's 1.1 post a day average. That's 1.1 quality, problem solving, answer to your question, posts a day people.

Not to be confused with Dusty's chat room style 7.6 post a day average.
Just playing. But seriously Dusty, You've been putting in work on the forum in the last year. I didn't realize that you only joined just over a year ago on 7-01-2013 (only 395 days ago) and you already have 3010 posts and counting.

I thought I was on here all the time, but it seems I'm not alone. I think it's obvious from the numbers that Rovers literally consume and take over our day to day lives while we own them. I'm guessing this is what it's like to be addicted to crack. I need my forum fix 1.1 times a day. Dusty is a full blown junkie at 7.6 hits a day.
I use vr software on this forum. You guys all have a very soft pleasing, yet automated, feminine voice. I admit I am on here constantly, at work. Outside of morning and evening family time, I have little to no interaction with humans. Usually none. I don't mind, not having to pretend to pay attention. I can just close the tab. I don't do other social media stuff. I can listen to you guys while I am driving and still pay attention to the road.

Funny thing is I don't even have a rover. I just chose this forum because you guys will obviously accept anything, regardless of its flaws

Really I dont remember why i ever chimed in. I think it was to buy something. I joined this forum a few years ago with my first d2 and didn't even feel the need to do an intro. Don't even remember my original user name. I think it was something disco or the likes. I used the search feature and seldom read new posts. I continue to follow this forum, in hope, that someday I will read something useful, instead it's just people bragging about making 1000 posts
This will put me to 3011

Old 07-31-2014, 09:43 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it possible to shut down the forum from 8am-5pm Mon-Fri? I don't get much work done because of this site

Just ordered new radiator and 180 thermostat.

This weekend I will be replacing all 4 ball joints on the steering knuckles and if I don't run out of time will be replacing both differentials with Trutracks w/4.11 R&P.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:06 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been lurking since I purchased back in January. Pretty noob at engine mechanics, but I suppose you have to learn somewhere. I've already got a list of things I'd like to take a whack at myself, starting with the O2 sensors (getting crap mpg @ approx 9 or 10).

So far though I've replaced the old sun worn cracked back bumper with the hefty steel one that AB sells. So I've got that goin' for me, which is nice. Looks a hell of a lot better.

Old 08-01-2014, 01:43 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

About a week ago I made a post about resealing the rear cover on my T-Case. Well I said I would update if there was any issues and something came up.

I've been keeping an eye on the gaskets since I did the repair and 3 days ago I noticed the gasket looked like it was wet from soaking up oil. Well today I got my first drop so I decided to reseal it again.
What did you do with your DII today?-20140801_085330.jpg

Round 2 I will be using just RTV like the rave says to. I took a chance last time and just installed the gaskets by themselves and sure enough it only took at most 2 weeks to start leaking. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that using just the gaskets that come in the T-Case seal kit might not be the best idea. It might work better if you use the gasket along with RTV but I wouldn't know. I'll let you know if I have any more problems.
What did you do with your DII today?-20140801_102017.jpg
What did you do with your DII today?-20140801_122552.jpg

And I drop a 1/2" ratchet on my phone
What did you do with your DII today?-20140801_080733.jpg

Old 08-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Today I spent more time talking to insurance about my Rover.

Some thieves kicked in the door to my house yesterday and stole everything from my great-great grandmothers clock all the way to my underwear drawer. Only thing left was my wall-mounted flatscreen they couldn't get down and my Rover in the carport.

Woulda taken it but it's had a dead battery for a week and after donating bone marrow I've been too tired to replace it. Didn't stop them from breaking my key off in the ignition, then ripping and splicing wires in both fuse boxes and then ripping my dash all up in a poor attempt to hotwire it. It looks like they also tried to boost it with my booster cables they stole but didn't know what they were doing because they battery terminals basically welded to my battery cables.

Guess that's what insurance is for. Just wish I had a second set of clothes though...My church clothes aren't what I would call the most comfortable.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Madlands

Some thieves kicked in the door to my house yesterday and stole everything from my great-great grandmothers clock all the way to my underwear drawer. Only thing left was my wall-mounted flatscreen they couldn't get down and my Rover in the carport.

Woulda taken it but it's had a dead battery for a week and after donating bone marrow I've been too tired to replace it. Didn't stop them from breaking my key off in the ignition, then ripping and splicing wires in both fuse boxes and then ripping my dash all up in a poor attempt to hotwire it. It looks like they also tried to boost it with my booster cables they stole but didn't know what they were doing because they battery terminals basically welded to my battery cables.

Guess that's what insurance is for. Just wish I had a second set of clothes though...My church clothes aren't what I would call the most comfortable.

Sorry to hear of your tribulations Madlands, I hope they get caught or someone blows them away when they attempt another job. There's some things in this world I truly hate with a vengeance, this is one, con artists and thieving scumbags are pretty high on the list along with child molesters, paedas and those that take advantage of the elderly or vulnerable. I don't approve of the death penalty, too many errors in the past, but sometimes I wonder ....................

Old 08-04-2014, 08:18 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
.................................................. I have little to no interaction with humans. Usually none. I don't mind, not having to pretend to pay attention. I can just close the tab. I don't do other social media stuff.............................................
Dusty, check, ............. I've been trying to achieve that all my life ....................... no humans therefore no problems ............ .....................it's great now, I can disappear into the garage ........... my den, and spanner away in blissful silence without listening to a load of sh!te from local knuckleheads ............... .......... that's a bonus about France ................. nobody wants to speak or hassle me/us 'cos we're British and I stay well away from them also ................. the retired living dead all in gods waiting room............ ................... I enjoy this forum 'cos when I'm through with it I can press the button and do something else ........................ but there's some decent info and humour on here..........

Old 08-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Another oil change

Another round of Castrol 20-50 and a K&N 2004. I also finally got my Volvo out of the body shop after some ******* thought the on ramp was going to the daytona 500 and ripped the front end off my car.

On another note does anyone know if taking the splash guard off the bottom of my d2 will hurt anything. I am tired of spilling oil every time I change the filter on this thing and have thought about just taking it off.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Madlands

Sorry to hear this news! It sounds like someone knew you would be out of town. Hopefully some idiot will be dumb enough to pawn some of your stuff and they will get the bastard. I know insurance will give you money to replace the value of things, but not everything is physically replaceable and that's the hard part. I hope things start to look up for you soon.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:58 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fixed my HK sub...kinda. I found an old set of cheap components and was going to chuck them, but then I remembered the 'sub' that was falling apart in my back door - turns out a regular old pair of 6.5' mid-bass speakers fit back there just fine.

The hard part was getting the old dry-rotted drivers out - had to carefully thwack 'em out with a rubber mallet. Newbies went in, and off you go. The difference is definitely minimal - probably due in part to the quality of the replacements and part to the fact that they are are probably a higher resistance than the stockers - but it gave me something to do with the old speakers I had, and it at least sounds a little better.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?