Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 05:03 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had it broken into the other night. left the CB radio, and GPS, but took the spare change and my i930 code reader. learnt my lesson that a secure parking garage at the apartment isnt too secure.

Old 08-21-2016, 06:56 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my "new" center console and hand brake installed today - black console and cubby cover looks pretty good against the grey interior. PO had cracked the original grey console - tabs to screw the switch plate assembly in were gone, and it was pretty much trashed - must have really done a number on it when installing the CDL. Original hand brake button gets hung up in the handle portion of the hand brake - can pop it loose with a screw driver from the other end, but wasn't able to get it free enough to work consistently, so I picked up a used one on ebay. Not sure if the push button end of the brake is serviceable or not.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:23 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 891 Likes on 643 Posts

Originally Posted by OldEC1983
... tabs to screw the switch plate assembly in were gone, and it was pretty much trashed ...
I've yet to see a console switch plate in recent years where the screw mount tabs weren't broken off. Some repair ideas are in the thread linked below.

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...console-80037/

Old 08-22-2016, 10:02 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Finally!

FINALLY installed the ARB front bumper I bought myself for Christmas. Had some help, from a 6 year old, removing the crush cans. All that's left to do is drill the 2 vertical holes for the long bolts to keep it from "sagging" a little. Oh... and hook up the indicator lights... and eventually install a winch. Until then, I will enjoy just having it off the garage floor.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-img_4443.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-img_4445.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-img_4451.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-img_5798.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-img_5791.jpg  

What did you do with your DII today?-img_5792.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-img_5790.jpg  
Old 08-22-2016, 10:05 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Installed Farmtek flooring on my Safety Devices roof rack. I bought 4 panels to do the entire rack, but after getting the 2 in the back of the rack installed (the high part of the rack) think I'll hold off on the doing the front and angled part of the rack as I like the way it looks now and may not need to do any more. Sorry, didn't take any pics... yet.

Last edited by overover02; 08-22-2016 at 10:06 AM. Reason: verbiage correction.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:35 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stripped out the interior

Well I got another Rover the other day. This one is a 2003 SE7 and the roof had been crunched by a tree. It has a light colored Autunm Tan (I believe) which will go inside my other D2. I spent yesterday and today taking off the dash, front seats. Today starting early before it got too hot I took everything else off the interior with the exception of the rear A/C unit. I toyed with the idea of putting it in the Rover but it looks like more trouble then it's worth.

Over all it took me about six hours to completely strip the interior.

Next will be replacing the exterior pieces from the donor Rover to my driver.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:48 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

This..

Old 08-30-2016, 09:57 PM
cta
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sunday: Installed a terrafirma 2" lift

Last Weekend: Finished my rustoleum spray can paint job. Doesn't look all that bad and a huge improvement over what it looked like before.

Next up is a troublesome O2 sensor and new brakes all around.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-img_3470.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-img_3622.jpg  
Old 09-02-2016, 12:21 PM
2nd Gear

Just finished replacing the center u joint in the front propeller shaft using the 10 inch C clamp method. I cannot understand the urge to replace instead of repair.

Old 09-02-2016, 07:37 PM
5th Gear

Well, I replaced the radiator, lower three way hose, ACE pressure line, interior A posts and trans filter and fluid change. No were near as many cuss words as I anticipated. Was able to pull the radiator without removing the trans and oil coolers.
The trans fluid wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Thought it would be brown and burnt. Getting it done in the driveway was a bit of a pain.
Next is the trans box fluid, and everything plastic.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?