Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 07:16 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by JUKE179r
Hey Twix... doing the instrument panel is next on my to do list after I change the window button LEDs.
I'm kind of leary taking the instrument panel all apart. I don't want to bugger it up.
I understand what you mean about the BMW interior reddish lights being easier on the eyes. My wife has them in her X5.
The instrument panel comes apart very easily. Nothing to bugger up. Once you get it apart, you'll see what I mean about how difficult it might be to change the colours back there. I tried using red bulb covers which made the light very red, but once I put them behind the dial faces, it became more brownish in colour.

Goodluck either way, I'm interested in how this all turns out for you

Old 08-25-2017, 03:21 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 848 Likes on 633 Posts

I got a fever... and the only prescription is more blue LEDs....

Here is my instructions for the LED mod on the Disco 2... https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...96/#post617317

The window switches before and after with the blue LEDs. The process for these window switches is the same as the door unlock switch I described earlier as far as soldering in the LEDs.

Ye Olde school green LEDs in the window switches.

New blue LEDs on window switches. The iPhone camera makes them look crazy bright but they aren't.

new blue LEDs

Last edited by JUKE179r; 08-25-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:45 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 183 Likes on 157 Posts

Finally at the point in my life where the rover is "done". Journey began in May 2016. Started from stock and went to town. It would be easier to list what I have not done... anyway I'm headed out into the Cleveland national forest this weekend for a little test run.

here's a few shots of the interior

And yes... I have a reverse camera! Finally. As of 2 days ago.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:00 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 235 Likes on 172 Posts

Wow! Looking good, guys.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:58 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Today I painted the repaired ramps for the trailer which the Discovery is Still on. I will use them to "empty" the trailer. I can then have it back where I can poke at it from time to time.

Old 08-28-2017, 06:43 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts

Sanded some interior bits to prep for my color change (from tan to black)

Old 08-28-2017, 09:18 AM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fixed door glide

noticed about a month ago that the door glide on drivers door metal was busted and the glide was pulling through. Finally had time this weekend to pull the door, had neighbor weld it , then primed, painted and put it back on, next on list in next couple days... transmission pan gasket leaking BAD

Old 08-28-2017, 02:02 PM
Mudding
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Used mine to learn about mud...

Thankfully I was on a country road, well-traveled by lifted 4x4's of all kinds. After learning how to use a high lift jack in a solo attempt to unstick myself, I ended up getting winched by two guys - one in a Cherokee on 35's, the other in a stripped down old International Scout. Great lessons in mud and recovery... at the cost of my front bumper. Just the excuse I needed to get a steel bumper!

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-img_2054.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-img_2053.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-img_2055.jpg  
Old 08-28-2017, 02:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by naivedisco2

Thankfully I was on a country road, well-traveled by lifted 4x4's of all kinds. After learning how to use a high lift jack in a solo attempt to unstick myself, I ended up getting winched by two guys - one in a Cherokee on 35's, the other in a stripped down old International Scout. Great lessons in mud and recovery... at the cost of my front bumper. Just the excuse I needed to get a steel bumper!
You're living up to your name That was quite the bog...good to hear you're back on solid ground

Old 08-28-2017, 02:31 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 235 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by naivedisco2

Good for you for getting' dirty with her! Love it!

(Tough to get yourself unstuck with front wheels turned, though... unless you get help)

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?