Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 03:31 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Granted, the whole cable system seems under sized to me and why not give a person a longer clevest pin....
Falls under the catergory of my favorite sayings at work

"Who the f*ck thought this was a good idea?"

Old 10-12-2017, 07:39 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 235 Likes on 172 Posts

I installed Option B on my ABS today. It worked. No more 3 Amigoes.

Those lights would be turned off when I started up with a completely charged battery, but even a little drain on the battery and they'd come on with the next startup. That got old, so I finally fixed it.

Bless whoever figured that out and posted it.

The internal wires to the shuttle valves were toast. I could flick the wiring insulation off of the wires with my fingernail. Brittle.

Total cost was $1.79 for the trailer harness pigtail connector.

Last edited by No Doubt; 10-12-2017 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:27 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 831 Likes on 605 Posts
Default Uwharrie Rover Expedition

My older son and I went out for the day to the 14th Annual Uwharrie Rover Expedition, organized every year by the Old North State Land Rover Society. The event was well attended with probably 40-50 Rovers and a couple hundred people. Several families. As usual the Dickie Bell trail offered some real challenges but everyone made it with only minor carnage. The organizers did a great job with good swag and a lot of great raffle prizes and auction items donated by Southeast Overland, Rovers North, Lucky8, Northern Tool and several other sponsors. I'm lucky to live an hour and a half from the Uwharrie National Forest and its off-highway vehicle trails. Next up will be the annual Uwharrie Safari in April organized by CROC, the Carolina Rover Owners Club.

Old 10-15-2017, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,251 Likes on 1,669 Posts

I tinkered with the 04 D2 today. Got the LR door lock actuator fixed (just a linkage issue), installed my 3rd paracord wrapped steering wheel I've done into it. Since it's a Vienna Green D2 I went with a digital camo paracord that closely resembles it. Fixed the coin trays with the zip tie fix, installed a 19.00 Dual Bluetooth USB/MP3 stereo vs the POS Freelander base stereo and since it doesn't have an amp it was extremely simple and honestly for 19.00 that stereo is hard to beat (function wise) and it's certainly better than what I pulled out. I had no plans on dumping a $$$ stereo into it just to get stolen! Replaced the broken rear wiper arm, and re-connected the rear washer. Then last night I correctly aimed the head lights, and this morning I used a 3M headlight renewal kit for 10.00 that actually did a fantastic job of clearing up the 04 plastic lens.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:06 PM
4wd High
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rausch creek

Old 10-16-2017, 07:37 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Sold it. It was mostly fun to own, but it's past the point of being a vehicle. It's more of a hobby now, a dirty and frustrating hobby. And I don't need another hobby. After 154,000 miles between Maryland and Massachusetts, the frame is rotted through at the converters, at the internal reinforcements, at the rear trailing link mounts, and pretty much from just in front of the rear axle to the rear bumper. The steel portion of the power steering line rotted through and dumped fluid all over my 3 week old driveway, the tranny lines are looking just as bad, and pretty much anything that holds or uses a petroleum based fluid is leaking. The engine runs great though, so that's being transplanted into a truck with a good frame and slipped liner. The shortblock has 80k on it and the cylinder heads, gaskets, water pump, oil pump and timing chain were done about 25,000 miles ago so it will likely outlive the that truck as well.

Thanks to this forum for all the advice along the way. The truck certainly wouldn't have made it this far without it.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:09 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 848 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by 04duxlr
Sold it. It was mostly fun to own, but it's past the point of being a vehicle. It's more of a hobby now, a dirty and frustrating hobby. And I don't need another hobby. After 154,000 miles between Maryland and Massachusetts, the frame is rotted through at the converters, at the internal reinforcements, at the rear trailing link mounts, and pretty much from just in front of the rear axle to the rear bumper. The steel portion of the power steering line rotted through and dumped fluid all over my 3 week old driveway, the tranny lines are looking just as bad, and pretty much anything that holds or uses a petroleum based fluid is leaking. The engine runs great though, so that's being transplanted into a truck with a good frame and slipped liner. The shortblock has 80k on it and the cylinder heads, gaskets, water pump, oil pump and timing chain were done about 25,000 miles ago so it will likely outlive the that truck as well.

Thanks to this forum for all the advice along the way. The truck certainly wouldn't have made it this far without it.
We'll keep a light on for ya.

Old 10-17-2017, 02:45 PM
Mudding
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default New Roof Rack

Replaced old, worn out roof rack with new BajaRack. Got front and rear lights mounted, as well as hi-lift and axe/shovel mount. Waiting for awning mount to arrive. Also, went with 1/2 floor this time, leaving front half of rack open for flexibility.

Last edited by MacRoadie; 10-17-2017 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:49 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 388 Likes on 315 Posts

That looks LEGIT.

The sliders, who maketh?

Last edited by stillruns; 10-17-2017 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:26 PM
Mudding
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by stillruns
That looks LEGIT.

The sliders, who maketh?
Land Rover Rock Sliders For Discovery Series II

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?