Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 12:47 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday I zip tied some stuff that was hanging down off my front bumper from approaching a climb too fast. Then I fixed my 3 amigos for the time being, added a qt of oil then I took my wife and three kids and went mobbing in the dry creek by our house. Found a shady spot, kids played in the sand, went back home and bbq'd with three amigos and returned to the creek in the dark and had some more fun. All in all a good day in the disco

Old 05-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Spent the past 2 days in the Nevada Desert at Moon Rock. Watched a LOT of wreckage and destruction as there were about 100 Rock Crawlers and a few stock vehicles. I didn't take my Disco on the large rocks, but played a bit on the small ones, and climbed all the hills I could find. Didn't get many photos of myself unfortunately, just other people.

It's amazing what Millions of dollars worth of Alchohol and Vehicles will make people do.

Photo Montage:

All Files:
http://sdrv.ms/13Vm7K7

Last edited by SuperSport; 05-27-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:03 PM
Mudding

Smashed up my mint stock front bumper wheel'n in the woods, spoiling my plans on selling it to put money towards a TF bumper. Best part is SWMBO wasn't mad lol now she is looking on line at bumpers too. Now we are arguing about witch one to get, she wants the ARB style. Think we will compromise and fab up our own.

Last edited by Mojigglins; 05-27-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:56 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Mojigglins
Smashed up my mint stock front bumper wheel'n in the woods, spoiling my plans on selling it to put money towards a TF bumper. Best part is SWMBO wasn't mad lol now she is looking on line at bumpers too. Now we are arguing about witch one to get, she wants the ARB style. Think we will compromise and fab up our own.
Is THAT all I have to do to get new parts??? Hmmm, I'm going back out tomorrow... hehehe

Old 05-27-2013, 11:54 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I loved my first time out with the Carolina Rover Club on a night ride with my wife. We were crossing some small berms and dragging a bit as we started the decent with the center of the D2 coming over the top of the rise. She asked what that sound was. I told her we were dragging/scraping just a bit as we topped over the hill. I went on to tell her that was what rock sliders help protect you from. Her response, "We need to get some then."

Old 05-28-2013, 10:07 AM
Mudding

This weekend I swapped out my water pump for a new Airtex, and replaced my fan clutch. Also flushed the system with distilled water, and replaced it with new.

So far, the water pump and fan clutch are the most invasive DIYs that I have done. Watched plenty of videos, ready many threads, and followed the RAVE.

Two mistakes that I made:
1. I did not put gasket sealer on the water pump gasket or the 11mm bolts.
2. I forgot to put the plastic casing that attaches to the radiator cover.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my posts. I'll be correcting the mistakes tonight. Will also replace the top radiator hose tonight, add a 180 deg t-stat, and new pressure cap.

-Back in business.

Last edited by flanker6; 05-28-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:16 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by flanker6
Two mistakes that I made:
1. I did not put gasket sealer on the water pump gasket or the 11mm bolts.
2. I forgot to put the plastic casing that attaches to the radiator cover.
I didn't use gasket sealer either...didn't know I was suppose to but the Victor Renz gasket seems to be working fine by itself.

I'm installing 4 slightly used Bilstein shocks and a TF Steering Dampener this week, and hopefully trouble shooting some trouble codes if time permits.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:40 AM
Three Wheeling

Changed the CPS this weekend. Found out it can be done with out dropping the exhaust, however it is not fun, Hands cramped up many times, Arm is bruised from jamming between the exhaust and frame, but with less then an hour involved and some fine wrench handing work from my lady, it was all in all a decent repair.

It is also nice that now it restarts with out heat soak affecting the CPS. I swear I got some HP back, at least from the butt dyno.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Not yet, but as soon as I get my 3rds from GBR this sweet piece of art is going on the other end of the T-case.
Name:  6eijoNx.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  53.1 KB

Old 05-31-2013, 07:33 PM
Mudding

Had "the" vibration happening, so pulled the drive shaft. My shop was busy, so I ordered a "new" unit from DriveshaftPower.com for $250. It arrived today, and I put it in. It looks nice and is serviceable. Disco drives great now, on to the spongy breaks, the leak from the seatbelt and tres amigo's!

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?