Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 03:22 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In celebration of our continuing heat wave here in the northeast, yesterday I decided to do a little work outside:

- changed oil with Rotella 15-40 and Purolator filter
- greased both drive shafts
- rotated the tires
- installed a new expansion tank and pressure cap
- replaced the crappy plastic line that runs from expansion tank to the throttle plate with 5/16 fuel hose.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I replaced my power steering pump. The shaft on the old pump had nearly an inch of free play

Old 07-22-2013, 03:41 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Externet
Stopped to refuel deep in farmlands, and a guy admiring the Rover asks : Is it imported ? Is that a new Toyota ? Who makes that model ?
Could not resist; answered 'Rolls Royce', had no more questions...
Lmao, that's funny as hell

Old 07-22-2013, 06:18 PM
Mudding

Drove it for them1st time in a week... got soaked backing out of the driveway, even though I blew out the drain tubes. So I now I have some decisions to make... do I pull and redo the headliner so I can fix the drains, which means I will wind up painting and keeping the truck, or do I sell it and put that G in the next vehicle?

Old 07-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by iambhooper
Drove it for them1st time in a week... got soaked backing out of the driveway, even though I blew out the drain tubes. So I now I have some decisions to make... do I pull and redo the headliner so I can fix the drains, which means I will wind up painting and keeping the truck, or do I sell it and put that G in the next vehicle?
Couple strips of gorilla tape around them and problem solved.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:54 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Madlands
Couple strips of gorilla tape around them and problem solved.
Interesting. I guess i will need to pull the A pillar trim, so I can drop the headliner, right?

Old 07-22-2013, 09:30 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting. I guess i will need to pull the A pillar trim, so I can drop the headliner, right?
I went a much less classy route on my 99. I was getting drenched driving across country so I pulled over and just put a couple strips on top of the roof from the glass to the metal. Drove it like that for over 6 months before deciding to drop the headliner and do a true fix. Short story version it leaked again so I'm back rocking the gorilla tape and staying dry! Growing up farming and driving large equipment down the road I've been able to look down on others and noticed not just rovers suffer from the leaky sunroof issue. I've seen a number of "fixes" and I feel like my black tape blends the best. Haha

If I dropped the headliner again I would silicon EVERYTHING! I don't need them to open just not drip.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:01 AM
Mudding

Gotcha... yeah, I would probably prefer the correct repair vs the tape over the sunroof.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:10 AM
Drifting

Depends if you are willing to keep making repairs I suppose. Rovers are highhhhh maintenance LOL I still have a random leak in the Disco after repair & replacement of the headliner. Same issue with Range Rover. In a heavy downpoor I will get water coming out around the overhead console/light or around A pillars. It's so random that I'm not sure if I could find the source if I pull everything out again so I am living with it for now. The kids find it comical, Wifey-not so much.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:40 AM
Drifting
Default Leaky Sunroof

Same problem here and I just siliconed the whole thing both around the flange and between it and the glass.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?