Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 09:09 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replaced transmission

Replaced transmission
On the rd agian

Old 09-23-2013, 04:49 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

The past week I drove it 15.5 hours down to Gore, Virginia for Conclave. Hit all the trails, in the rocks, in the mud, up the hills. Drove it for around 20 hours in the trails and no body damage, it did very well. Left it down there, flew back and will be back down early October for MAR and will drive it back then.

Name:  dFfc44Q.png
Views: 10
Size:  688.7 KB

Old 09-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Drifting
Thumbs up Idling issue once hot

Died @ a stop light, fired back up no issue. No codes thrown so continued driving for a few weeks. Had this occur about a half dozen times randomly. Started researching this website & low-n-behold check engine light eventually came on PO174...began with MAF cleaning & worked my way up toward the intake. Everything was ship shape. Found a hose that has a 90 degree turn & 180 degree turn-maybe 6" long that runs from valve cover to intake behind the MAF that had spilt open. So I ordered a new hose as well as a new crank shaft position sensor (taking a shot in the dark on the stalling issue) Hose was a simple replacement & the light went off after a few starts. The crank positioning sensor was a SOB to deal with. Holy freakin' CRAP! I found myself laid out over the engine @ one point in some bazar yoga position trying to connect the new sensor with my finger tips (completely blind!) I'm a large guy, so my advice is if you have a long armed skinny friend, HIRE him. Once I competed that instal & used up a full years worth of curse words I drove it to the gym, the beach & shopping just waiting for it to die again. Issue resolved!! Been on the road problem free for just over a week now. This site is a life savor

Old 09-25-2013, 10:42 AM
Three Wheeling

Thanks to a writeup I came across, installed my Ultragauge to look more integrated. It works great because i can still access all of the buttons on the rear without moving the gauge.

Name:  1042b4a0-9b84-439b-a20d-b50fe3c09800_zpsbab07815.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  77.9 KB

Old 09-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by groeder24
Thanks to a writeup I came across, installed my Ultragauge to look more integrated. It works great because i can still access all of the buttons on the rear without moving the gauge.
That's a nice look. Unfortunately for me, that's where I put my Gum Wrappers...

How do you reach the buttons? Do you just reach behind, or did you use the plate behind the device and just push the corners?

Old 09-25-2013, 11:12 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

new master cylinder, TF front bumper, OME spring, TF shocks, TF stabilizer, tires & wheels.

Of course trying to be fair the P-38 also got new TF shocks, tires & wheels and a new TF stabilizer, and tie rod end on the way.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-d2.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-p-38.jpg  
Old 09-25-2013, 11:16 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by SuperSport
That's a nice look. Unfortunately for me, that's where I put my Gum Wrappers...

How do you reach the buttons? Do you just reach behind, or did you use the plate behind the device and just push the corners?
I used the Vertical Surface Mount that I purchased with the Ultragauge as well as a 6 switch pod that I pulled from a parts car. I modified the ashtray section from the cup holder with a Dremel until the switch pod fit deep enough with the vertical mount and the ultragauge that they would sit flush. I can still physically touch all of the buttons. I wish I had taken some pictures.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:51 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by groeder24

That looks seriously good. I really really like it except for the engine temp! Whats up with that man!?! All kidding aside, that is very 'factory', and I think I may do that with mine.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:02 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreamingLife
That looks seriously good. I really really like it except for the engine temp! Whats up with that man!?! All kidding aside, that is very 'factory', and I think I may do that with mine.
Funny, I never even noticed the temp. On my own, I pay a lot of attention, but on others, I just enjoy the looks.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:46 AM
Three Wheeling

Yeah I didn't notice that either. The regular driving temp is 204.8F That temp is after it had been sitting with the engine off for about 5 minutes. The coolant isn't flowing which I guess is why it looks so hot. That said I have some cooling system work to do.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?